Amadeus Silver, AMRAS, Luftner trip report

marty's mom

Just returned from an amazing trip

Our TA booked us through AMRAS for our first river cruise, Nuremburg to Budapest

We've cruised about 25 times on ocean cruises, Europe, Alaska, Caribbean etc

In one word, WOW

On the boat were 105 passengers, a big group from NH with Colette, an A&K group and a few of us Amras who were put together with the Celebrity group. We had our own guide, Boreana, who was employed by Celebrity/amras to coordinate our group.

The staff, the cabin, meals, everything was top notch. Included excursions were very good with time to go off on our own.

We saw lots of other ships on the same route and I honestly can't imagine any better. Tips, bottled water, excursions, beer, wine, were all included and top notch. No upselling

We had beer at a monastery, wine tasting and much more.

We stayed in Nuremburg 2 night precruise in the old city, Budapest 3 nights in the castle district and then London.

Loved Bratislava, a pleasant surprise

any questions, please ask

Thanks for the write-up, not a lot about Luftner out there.

I checked out their website, and they have some interesting cruises. They seem to stop @ some spots that most lines don't, like Esztergom (45kms NW of Budapest, had to look it up, never had heard of the place before. Something different, maybe not as crowded?)

Did you pay for all of the tours, or just picked a few of them (tours aren't included in package price, it appears)?

English was spoken by most of the crew?

The reason I asked about the daily tours being included, when I look their cruises it shows them charging for each tour. The price I see for the trip is less expensive than other lines, even if you added every tour it was still reasonable. When you go to their web site, it's under the specific cruise you want, then the activites tab, not sure if my ling will work.

http://www.lueftner-************/en/kreuzfahrten/reise/lc-danube-prague-2015.html?no_cache=1&cHash=9d0eea5ee2a880aa3c0e1b9c0afb9554#5

Maybe I'm on a different countries site? :confused:

It's good to have options, glad you enjoyed your trip.

try amras cruises .com

maybe that was different? gratuities, water in cabin, wifi, excursions were all included

pricing was similar to others but boat, food, staff etc was top notch

did not feel like cattle on tours!!