Where to keep your things on Woodwind?

kitntrip

My apologies if this has been asked before, but I was wondering if anyone who has snorkelled with Woodwind can tell me what you did with your personal items while in the water? I just booked with them for my April cruise but I'm not sure what to do with wallets. This will be the first time my husband and I have done this type of excursion so I'm swimming a bit blind (hehe) on what to expect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you! I wasn't concerned about the Woodwind staff but I am a bit nervous leaving my bag just laying around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There were a total of 22 guests on board when we went last November. Everyone was very friendly, and while I suppose there could always be a bad one in any bunch, they were all there to enjoy a fine day sailing and snorkeling. It's always good to be vigilant when traveling, but there shouldn't be any problems with theft on an excursion like this one.

• 4 weeks later...

As the other poster said their is no reason to take a large amount of cash or valuables. I had a bag we left on board. It is all out in the open and no one is going to go rifling through a bag when it is so visible to others and the Captain who stays on board.

You are in for an awesome experience.

• 3 months later...
go on ebay and order a waterproof phone holder - you can put your cc and money in it too. it stays around your neck so no one can take your stuff. i also have a waterproof camera so i keep it with me too

And if you lose it while you're in snorkeling, the Woodwind staff will dive and retrieve it for you! This is what happened with one guy on our tour who had a Go-Pro that he dropped while snorkeling. They got it back for him.

You wouldn't really need a camera for Woodwind--that's what we liked so much about their excursion. They have a professional underwater photographer taking pictures for you and of you, and you can buy them for an incredibly reasonable fee at the end, all on a turtle-shaped flash drive. It allowed us to just enjoy the experience and what we were seeing without worrying about our camera under water or taking pictures.

And if you lose it while you're in snorkeling, the Woodwind staff will dive and retrieve it for you! This is what happened with one guy on our tour who had a Go-Pro that he dropped while snorkeling. They got it back for him.

You wouldn't really need a camera for Woodwind--that's what we liked so much about their excursion. They have a professional underwater photographer taking pictures for you and of you, and you can buy them for an incredibly reasonable fee at the end, all on a turtle-shaped flash drive. It allowed us to just enjoy the experience and what we were seeing without worrying about our camera under water or taking pictures.

May I ask how much it was? My favorite excursion on my last cruise was with Calabaza in Barbados - they also provided lots of great pictures but it was at no cost. I was thinking we would end up buying a GoPro for our honeymoon but maybe we will just buy the pictures from them!

May I ask how much it was? My favorite excursion on my last cruise was with Calabaza in Barbados - they also provided lots of great pictures but it was at no cost. I was thinking we would end up buying a GoPro for our honeymoon but maybe we will just buy the pictures from them!

I believe the flash drive with pictures was $35. There were maybe six or seven pictures of the two of us and scores more, obviously of the other people in the group as well as of the fish, corals, etc. A couple of times during the snorkeling, the photographer swam in front of us and snapped pictures--we posed when we saw him.