Hints and tips about paradise cove?

carmzav

I am looking for any advice, hints, and tips you can offer about the Paradise Cove Luau. We will be riding their bus, so we don't have any control over what time we arrive. Which pre-dinner activities are best for kids? If we don't have time to get to each one, are there any that are better than others?

What type of tip is appropriate for each presenter? (And the bus driver?)

We've already purchased the middle seating package, but is there a certain area we should head to for the best view? How about seating suggestions for the other ceremonies?

Will we be able to use our own camera to take pictures everywhere? (I thought I saw a bird area where no personal photos were allowed.)

We will be there in about three weeks and appreciate any suggestions you can offer about this particular luau. Thank you! I want to make sure we get the best experience possible!

Edited by carmzav

We didn't tip the presenters. We did give $5 to the bus driver from the two of us.

Once the seating area was pointed out to us, we headed to seats we wanted facing the middle of the stage, and one of our party stayed seated all the time so we didn't lose them.

It's been a few years since we were there, but I took pictures everywhere, not sure if they have set up rules for photos.

We arrived in plenty of time to partake of all activities. The only long line was for photos. I don't remember the exact length of time for activities, before the actual show began but it was ample.

Have fun, Paradise Cove luau has been my favorite of the 5 luaus I have attended on three Major Islands because of the various activities. The shows are all similar, but the Hawaiian activities added to the experience for me.

We will be at the Paradise Cove Luau in April and I am disappointed to hear it is not reserve seating. Wish I would have spotted that before reserving as I may have gone elsewhere. We usually go to a luau on Maui (Old Lahaina Luau) and the seating is reserved and also based on how early you book.

Is it possible after arriving to hold a couple of seating by placing a shawl or sweater on the seats? It will be just my wife and I so I would not want one of us tied to a chair all the time. :(

You don't need to "pre-reserve"...the sightlines are fine everywhere! There is no need to rush, or "save seats" or anything so stressful!!!

Thank you for one of your typical responses.

Anyone else that can contribute? Thanks :)

Following. Researching Oahu luaus and want to ensure that we don't have to spend top dollar to be able to see anything. Will more than likely do Paradise Cove since Germaine's is in an industrial area and people have complained about the smell (also has up to 800 people).