Dresses and shoes for the ship - baltic cruise

Hello,

I'm starting my first baltic cruise with Holland on 7th august.

We are a couple from Italy, Sicily, so used to very warm temperature. We know that in the various northern cities the temperature can change from 10°C to 30°C... so the rule is dress in layers.

But inside the ship? My girlfriend is going crazy, she doesn't know which kind of dresses for evening, especially for formal night, but we wear formal almost every evening, summer dress with arms uncovered or winter dresses? Are collant needed? And especially closed or open shoes (or open toes).

Can somebody answer to this questions? Please help me because she is stressing me, hehe :D

Thank you

I am from Texas, with a similar climate to Sicily (which is beautiful btw, I was there 6 yrs ago!) I am a bit cold natured, and it has to be really warm before I am uncomfortable.

We cruised the Baltic beginning of June. It was cool to cold on the ship for me, and I wished I had brought more than one sweater. It will probably be a bit warmer for your cruise, but I'd bring light dresses that you can layer with sweaters or light jackets. As for shoes, I'd just bring what is comfortable. Unless you will be sitting out on the deck a lot, or at night (what little night there is), your feet should be fine.

I don't know how formal Holland is. I'd check the board for that line and ask around. We were on Disney and it was more country club casual.

It's really hard to tell.

For daytime, I've packed in layers. For evenings as well.

Example: For days where we plan to hike, I've brought nylon pants and hiking boots, tank tops, long sleeved t-shirts, fleece and North Face waterproof jacket.

For days where we plan to stroll about town, I've brought sandals and summer dresses (with sweater).

For evenings, I've brought summer dresses/gowns with pashmina throws.

In my one case, I've covered all seasons: 1 pair of jeans, nylon pants, cargo pants, jean skirt, summer cotton dress (black, floor length that I can pair with strappy sandals or knee-high flat boots if the weather's not great),probably about 8 evening wear options (including gowns and mix and match silk pants/tops). I've brought stilettos, wedges, hiking boots, cross-trainers, flip flops. 1 bathing suit. Lots of tank tops. Sweaters to wear over them. 1 pair of thin gloves. 1 tuque!

Goodness knows ... I'll probably still wish I'd brought something more!

Thank you very much!

Yes I think that she has to cover four seasons... because the temperature can change a lot! The problem is the flight, the bag limit is 20kg + 10kg hand bag, hard to pack all :)

Hope to see you onboard at meet and mingle

It's really hard to tell.

For daytime, I've packed in layers. For evenings as well.

Example: For days where we plan to hike, I've brought nylon pants and hiking boots, tank tops, long sleeved t-shirts, fleece and North Face waterproof jacket.

For days where we plan to stroll about town, I've brought sandals and summer dresses (with sweater).

For evenings, I've brought summer dresses/gowns with pashmina throws.

In my one case, I've covered all seasons: 1 pair of jeans, nylon pants, cargo pants, jean skirt, summer cotton dress (black, floor length that I can pair with strappy sandals or knee-high flat boots if the weather's not great),probably about 8 evening wear options (including gowns and mix and match silk pants/tops). I've brought stilettos, wedges, hiking boots, cross-trainers, flip flops. 1 bathing suit. Lots of tank tops. Sweaters to wear over them. 1 pair of thin gloves. 1 tuque!

Goodness knows ... I'll probably still wish I'd brought something more!

Thank you, yes also in our previous mediterranean cruise the dining room was always chilly :)

I also live in a warm climate and inside the shop at night I wore dresses, capri pants and tops, etc and wore sandals. I have a nice soft knit black pashmina stole that I took with me to the dining room and shows if the ship was chilly.