Vancouver to Anchorage

omajo

If you're wondering how long it takes to get to the cruise ship terminal in Vancouver, it would depend on many things. I grew up in Vancouver so I know all kinds of routes and ways to get there. If you get the public transit (a new line services both the airport and the Canada Place terminal, actually the two ends of the line). Not sure how long it takes, since I haven't been on it. Last summer it took us about an hour and a half to get through the lines at the terminal...

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

If you get the public transit (a new line services both the airport and the Canada Place terminal, actually the two ends of the line). Not sure how long it takes, since I haven't been on it. Last summer it took us about an hour and a half to get through the lines at the terminal...
It takes about 35 minutes by taxi. Train sounds faster, but you need to drag your luggage 10 minutes from train station to the cruise terminal.

Train costs $9 per adult... Taxi is $35 per carload offering door to door service with your luggage. I like taxi.

Thanks Budget Queen. We are looking at 7 night northbound Alaska and Hubbard with Royal Caribbean. I guess we fly to Vancouver.

From Vancouver airport - from the US, from the point of landing- you probably will be at the port in 2 hours. You can also easily get to Vancouver from Seattle- there are independent buses, Amtrak and a short flight.

From Seward- I highly recommend you STAY there and take advantage of the superb activities available http://www.seward.com don't be in any rush to leave. Although costly- don't turn your nose up at a one way car rental. Can really offer plenty more options, especially if of interest to get to Homer, and Whittier- without having to back track. Time is your best friend in Alaska. Go for as long as you can afford.