Comfort Suites/Atlantis

DeBlonde1

Hi all,

Just a quick couple of questions on booking Atlantis through Comfort Suites - Paradise Island.

First, is this a worthwhile day trip if we are only in Nassau from noon to 7? I am worried by the time we get there, it will be completely packed.

Second, has anyone booked through any of the common online travel companies (rather than the Resort for a Day)? I noticed the price for a room with one of the big companies (not sure if I can say it - starts with O) is much less than booking with Resort for a Day. It might have something to do with Resort for a Day classifying a 12 year old as an adult? Seems to me, the cheapest booking option would be the one where we actually book with the online travel company, just wondering if anyone else has done it this way before? Any problems you can think of by doing this? Thanks!! :)

Edited by DeBlonde1

Hi all,

Just a quick couple of questions on booking Atlantis through Comfort Suites - Paradise Island.

First, is this a worthwhile day trip if we are only in Nassau from noon to 7? I am worried by the time we get there, it will be completely packed.

Second, has anyone booked through any of the common online travel companies (rather than the Resort for a Day)? I noticed the price for a room with one of the big companies (not sure if I can say it - starts with O) is much less than booking with Resort for a Day. It might have something to do with Resort for a Day classifying a 12 year old as an adult? Seems to me, the cheapest booking option would be the one where we actually book with the online travel company, just wondering if anyone else has done it this way before? Any problems you can think of by doing this? Thanks!! :)

When comparing prices, you have to make sure that all things are equal. Usually sites like O or E are for 2 ppl only. Even adding add'l persons doesn't add all the additional charges.

Also, there are other fees and surcharges that are paid when you arrive. Check the Comfort Suite website for details. Do a fake reservation and read the fine print. Most 3rd party vendors DO NOT include these add'l charges. They only include taxes and VAT.

R4aday is usually the basic CS room rate, less the AARP, AAA or Military Discount. I've actually gotten a better price in the past from the CS website using AAA.

Edited by scubagirrl

When comparing prices, you have to make sure that all things are equal. Usually sites like O or E are for 2 ppl only. Even adding add'l persons doesn't add all the additional charges.

Also, there are other fees and surcharges that are paid when you arrive. Check the Comfort Suite website for details. Do a fake reservation and read the fine print. Most 3rd party vendors DO NOT include these add'l charges. They only include taxes and VAT.

R4aday is usually the basic CS room rate, less the AARP, AAA or Military Discount. I've actually gotten a better price in the past from the CS website using AAA.

Thanks for the info! I will look into that before I do any booking. Do you think that we would have enough time here to make it worthwhile?

Thanks for the info! I will look into that before I do any booking. Do you think that we would have enough time here to make it worthwhile?

Since it looks like you are going in October, I don't think you'll have enough time. Pools close at 5pm in the Fall and winter months. Slides start shutting down around 4:30pm.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I just got back from spending a week at the Comfort Suites. If you go I recommend booking through Expedia. They pay all of your "extra or hidden" fees as well as taxes. If you book through the hotel or some of the other sites they charge you all kinds of other taxes. You do still get Atlantis wristbands, only downside is you can ONLY get your wristbands in the Royal Towers lobby.

If you arrive around noon it will be rather crowded. I recommend going towards the pool at the reef. I highly doubt you'll be able to do all the slides. Around lunch time the wait for the Leap of Faith was about an hour. The Atlantis is one of those places that you need to do once, but after that it's just a money trap. My husband and I are cruising back to the Bahamas in November and we won't be going back to the Atlantis.

My husband and I just got back from spending a week at the Comfort Suites. If you go I recommend booking through Expedia. They pay all of your "extra or hidden" fees as well as taxes. If you book through the hotel or some of the other sites they charge you all kinds of other taxes. You do still get Atlantis wristbands, only downside is you can ONLY get your wristbands in the Royal Towers lobby.

Thanks for the advice on booking! :)