Travelling to Cape Liberty-not questions but observations

IandY

We've just completed our cruise on the Liberty of the Seas out of the Cape Liberty Cruise Port and I'd like to share a few thoughts. Note, we're a family that drove from the Toronto area. Firstly, for anyone that travels the day before and likes to stay overnight near the port, we stayed in Parsippany and it was perfect for us. There's lots of hotels to choose from and it was an extremely easy 1/2 hour drive to the port in the morning. The next thing I would like to point out is that absolutely, follow the council of 138east on these forums, the directions were invaluable!

Lastly, it's my opinion that when arriving at the port, it's not absolutely necessary to drop your bags at the terminal before you park. If you don't have that much luggage, the walk from the parking lot is not at all long. We avoided long lines of traffic which had formed to pick up debarking passengers.

We'll definitely cruise out of New Jersey again, it's so easy!

We've just completed our cruise on the Liberty of the Seas out of the Cape Liberty Cruise Port and I'd like to share a few thoughts. Note, we're a family that drove from the Toronto area. Firstly, for anyone that travels the day before and likes to stay overnight near the port, we stayed in Parsippany and it was perfect for us. There's lots of hotels to choose from and it was an extremely easy 1/2 hour drive to the port in the morning. The next thing I would like to point out is that absolutely, follow the council of 138east on these forums, the directions were invaluable!

Lastly, it's my opinion that when arriving at the port, it's not absolutely necessary to drop your bags at the terminal before you park. If you don't have that much luggage, the walk from the parking lot is not at all long. We avoided long lines of traffic which had formed to pick up debarking passengers.

We'll definitely cruise out of New Jersey again, it's so easy!

Thanks for the nice feedback. Glad it worked out well for you. Parsipanny is a very nice area (a whole different world from Newark Airport) with a lot of suburban hotels, restaurants, and services. Hotwire works well and there are definitely deals to be had on weekend nights.

• 3 weeks later...

I think we must have hit the sweet spot when we arrived at Port Liberty on a Sunday. Mind you this was the Summit with only 2,000 pax, and disembarkation starts at 7:00 with everyone off by 9:30. We arrived at 10:30 and dropping off was a dream. No waiting disembarking pax. There was staff to direct you to a slot. The porters were there with the cart. Cross into the terminal, everyone was on a line, no sitting and waiting. Checkin very organized, we had our passes printed so no paperwork. We were given our little envelopes with our seapass and we were on board by 10:45!