Royal Palms Beach Club at Grand Cayman?

LamenLaur

Thank you so much!

Welcome I am happy to share. I got great info from another CC person that helped me a lot so its nice to pay it forward. If you need any info on what cabana might be best for you I can let you know what I have learned. I was only interested in the BEACH cabanas 4 through 9 but I did get good info on the OCEAN 1 to 3 and pool ones as well.

Welcome I am happy to share. I got great info from another CC person that helped me a lot so its nice to pay it forward. If you need any info on what cabana might be best for you I can let you know what I have learned. I was only interested in the BEACH cabanas 4 through 9 but I did get good info on the OCEAN 1 to 3 and pool ones as well.

Thank you for sharing. What is the difference between teh BEACH and OCEAN cabanas? I see on the schmatic that they are on different sides of the patio/restaurant/bar area, but are the Ocean cabanas not on the beach?

Thank you for sharing. What is the difference between teh BEACH and OCEAN cabanas? I see on the schmatic that they are on different sides of the patio/restaurant/bar area, but are the Ocean cabanas not on the beach?

All cabanas are on the beach except the POOL cabanas. OCEAN cabanas are #1-3 and the closest to the ocean. BEACH cabanas #4-9 are set back a bit more and therefore have more area in front of them. Beach and Ocean are $100 per and pool cabana is $50 that you order in food or drinks then you pay nothing extra other than whatever the food drink bill is over that $50. My group needed more than 3 cabanas and didn't want to have that separation to take 3 of each so we opted to reserve all of the beach ones. Don't think there is any difference per se IN each one other than the type of roof? I have never been so only going by photos and info from a wonderful lady that I was able to contact from a review I read on Trip Advisor.

Just be sure to list the type of cabana you want and a number if you want a specific one when you do online booking.

I'm looking to reviews regarding your experiences with the Royal Palms Beach Club in Grand Cayman. Has anyone reserved a private cabana?

Had a Cabana last week. We had a problem with the location. They are behind approx 5 rows of loungers at the back of the beach and you can not see the water very well at all. It was also really hot back there. (really hot in the caribbean that week, 93 in Labadee) NO ocean breeze back in the cabana area. Honestly, we spent all our time in the water or at the waters edge because of the heat and the noise of someone using a chain saw at the property behind the beach. :mad: The table was nice for eating lunch and to this day they have the best pizza I have ever eaten. They have power cords to your cabana if you need a charge but NO WIFI. If we go to this beach resort again, we will rent lounge chairs and an umbrella and sit at the waters edge. The cost of 6 loungers and 1 umbrella would have cost a bit less and we would have waters edge location. :)

Edited by ccletzgo

Hi,

Dh and i are going to Royal Palms mid October.

We'll be coming in on the Freedom of the Seas and have reserved a cabana on the beach. Yes it costs $100 but,

we figured it would be nice to have your personal waiter and comfy loungers for the price.

A little pricey but by the time you pay the entrance fee, rent loungers and an umbrella run back and forth to the restaurant for food and drinks it's worth the price.:D

Here's the https://royalpalmscayman.com/cruise-ship-visitorslink:

Hope this helps:)

Can't wait for our day at Royal Palms

Liz:)

Service was really good for everyone at the beach. Our waiter was great. He was also serving the lounge chairs. Ocean cabanas are the same type they have at the pool. Kinda portable. they pick up all the music from the pool which gets real loud in the afternoon. I do think they would be cooler though and you are at the water.

Edited by ccletzgo

SO excited to try Royal Palms in a few weeks. Some friends tried to convince us the 'all inclusive' Carnival excursion to Tiki Beach was worth the money but I just don't think so. RP looks much better (not to mention, cheaper than $70/pp)!

SO excited to try Royal Palms in a few weeks. Some friends tried to convince us the 'all inclusive' Carnival excursion to Tiki Beach was worth the money but I just don't think so. RP looks much better (not to mention, cheaper than $70/pp)!

the beach is Beautiful! But I will warn you, our tabs at the end of the day were approx $68 pp. Beer and pizza.

I would email the Royal Palms, the link is on their website and ask as I have NO idea of the time they open. I did ask how long they HOLD the cabana once you have paid for it and she said all day.

I also know how expensive it is to eat anywhere in G Cayman. Its always been one of the more expensive places of all the islands to eat, drink, shop and play. I tell my group about that and suggest they plan for that by saving for it now.

Our day with them will be our last port so I am putting aside $5 or so weekly to be sure I can enjoy it to the fullest and not worry along the way.

We go in March so that helps

Does anyone know who does watersports rentals at Royal palms? My son is dying to try stand up paddle boards and wanted to know if they had any.

There is a kiosk right next to the beach cabanas that does parasailing and jet skis. Maybe the can help. I would email Royal Palms and ask them to help you.

• 2 weeks later...
So if I'm understanding correctly, a day at RP would look something like this...

Lunch approximately $50 US

2 chairs $20

Entrance to RP x 2 - $4

Taxi both ways - $8

= $82

Is this correct?

I have not yet been but yes on the chairs and another 15 for umbrella which is why it made more sense for us to group up and rent the $100 cabanas and divide that amount by 6. Gives you lots more room along with a nice shaded area with table and chairs plus the loungers.

Still have to pay for the food and drink and I found out you can find $5 taxi rides.

You can rent the poolside cabanas and order $50 in food so the cabana is free. You still need to reserve ahead. The entry fees are waived with any cabana rental

Edited by Frequent Floater

Ok. Thank you!

Also, Grand Cayman $1 is equal to US $1.25. So wouldn't the cost of the chairs ($10) and entrance to RP ($2) be more since paying with US currency? Sorry for my ignorance. lol This is the first time I've been out of the country and on a cruise. :)

Ok. Thank you!

Also, Grand Cayman $1 is equal to US $1.25. So wouldn't the cost of the chairs ($10) and entrance to RP ($2) be more since paying with US currency? Sorry for my ignorance. lol This is the first time I've been out of the country and on a cruise. :)

I was told that the bill comes to you when you are ready to check out for the day and is in Cayman dollars but it is also itemized to USD. We take a credit card that charges no foreign transaction fee but you still pay the conversion no matter just not a fee for the card company do it.

Grand Cayman is one of the most expensive islands we have been to but this option is good for what you are paying. I can also recommend a great tour company that is super reasonable. Check out Discount Excursions by doing a search. Basic island tour is $20 pp for 2 hours and they have the string ray tour @ $30pp. We are doing the island tour prior to our cabana arrival and since they stop there at the end of the tour we just get off and not back on the bus saving a few dollars. Feel free to email me if you want more info. Look below my signature for the address

• 4 weeks later...

Back from Royal Palms, and we had a great day! The water is beautiful. There were multiple ships in port, so we were glad we got the cabana. The beach got VERY crowded later in the day, and it was nice to have our own space. We had good service all day.

We chose one of the cabanas closer to the beach, to the right when you walk in. The others to the left were nicer structures, but you couldn't see the water, and we have a 6 year old. We requested a move, and it was granted with no problem. Our cabana had 1 row of chairs in front of us, which wasn't bad.

Buckets of beer are the most reasonable adult drink option. The pizza is really good. 2 of them fed 5 of us.

I'll see if I can figure out how to post some pictures.

Back from Royal Palms, and we had a great day! The water is beautiful. There were multiple ships in port, so we were glad we got the cabana. The beach got VERY crowded later in the day, and it was nice to have our own space. We had good service all day.

We chose one of the cabanas closer to the beach, to the right when you walk in. The others to the left were nicer structures, but you couldn't see the water, and we have a 6 year old. We requested a move, and it was granted with no problem. Our cabana had 1 row of chairs in front of us, which wasn't bad.

Buckets of beer are the most reasonable adult drink option. The pizza is really good. 2 of them fed 5 of us.

I'll see if I can figure out how to post some pictures.

Glad you enjoyed the day and posted. With your permission, I would love to copy this to add to my groups page so they know I did good picking the place.

Renee