Royal Palms Beach Club at Grand Cayman?

LamenLaur

I was just there last month. I rented a beach cabana, they have 2. The Cabana rental is $50 if you spend at least $50 on food and drink(which we easily did having lunch and and a few drinks) . I figured it was a good deal as 2 loungers and an umbrella would cost $30. I really enjoyed the cabana, you had 2 loungers outside the cabana and a table and 4 chairs inside and under the shade. The food and drinks were good although on the expensive side (but everything is expensive in Grand Cayman). You got bar and food service to the cabana. The beach had a lot of people on it, but it wasn't crowded. There was one other ship in port that day.

We had decided to go there on our last trip a few years ago but for some reason I let the driver convince me to go to a "better" beach. WRONG!!! I was so upset at myself. Why do research if you let someone change your mind?!? The beach he took us to was for excursions, so no chairs were available for us. Plus, the beach was sloped which made it hard for walking and really nowhere to sit. We stayed for about an hour and miserably went back to the ship. Definitely going here this time!!

Sounds like he dropped you off at Tiki Beach. In case it happens to someone else, a short (or slightly longer) walk back along the beach towards the cruise ships will bring you to better (IMO) locations. Just face the water and look to the left and you see the ships anchored downtown, and start walking. Sea Grape should be the first beach club you pass, Royal Palms will be further towards the ships.

Edited by bookbabe

Definitely not. If I had an infant I would consider it for shade, but it's really just a 3-sided tent, not a structure. An umbrella and a lounge are fine unless you want to use pool but that water isn't as nice as the ocean. RP isn't a fancy beach club, just a fun open-air bar and good bar food on a part the beach that has survived better than that to the south.

Just returned 09/16/2012 from Carnival Conquest!! We went to Royal Palms beach club where we had reserved Cabana 1 ($50)... this was the most amazing part of the entire trip!! Jose was our waiter and he took excellent care of us. By reservering the cabana you have to spend $50 in food purchases.. Believe me that is not hard to do.. US dollar only 80cents to their dollar.. our tab for all was 154.00 in Cayman but in US dollar 199.00.. I had prepared for this after reading alot about the Caymans on CC.. but this was an amazing experience and I would do again in a heartbeat.. the cabanas around the pool are free but you have to spend the 50 on food... There were three of us and by the time we rented chairs and umbrella it would have been the same price.. we had the table with chairs and we had beach chairs in front.. the staff made sure no one took our lounge chairs.. Beware of taxi ride to Royal Palms. We got a driver who got into an aurgement with us that RP didnt have any cabanas and he wanted to take us to another beach.. I told him I had reseverations and when he passed it .. I told him to take us back.. he was not happy and continued to argue with us but he did turn around and take us.. we were on a van load of tourist going differant places.. but RP is the closest and is $4 per person.. so I think cause it was the cheapest he wanted to take us farther... so just an FYI about that.. when we got to resort we told the security guard what he did and he took his name and was going to report him becuase he said that was against Cayman law for him to do that.. Now on the other hand , our friends came in another taxi and their driver recommended RP... so go fiqure... sorry for the long post but if anyone has any questions I will be glad to try to answer... I am waiting to get to go back..

Attached Thumbnailsattachment.php?attachmentid=245465&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1347894315 attachment.php?attachmentid=245466&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1347894315 attachment.php?attachmentid=245467&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1347894315 attachment.php?attachmentid=245468&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1347894315 attachment.php?attachmentid=245469&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1347894315

Is there any snorkeling at RP beach? Or at any of the seven mile beaches?

No, but you can walk 5 minutes south to the Marriott where there are lots of fish. we stayed there 2 weeks ago, the beach is all but gone but they have an artificial reef and there are even more fish further out.

There are no cabanas at RP, just the small cloth covers pictured above, definitely not worth $50 unless you're spending the entire day, maybe. But there is so much more to do. We stop there for a bite after an excursion. But for a full day at the beach I would spend the $50 on a car rental and drive to Rum Point. So much more enjoyable, and the Wreck Grill serves the best mudslides and a great grouper BLT!

Edited by blue_water

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
I, too, would love to hear some recent input about the cabanas at RP.

Odd nothing too new added here since 2012.

Hoped the cabanas were like the cottage type but not so which is why the price is low. Actual photos would be nice from persons that rented one

I would like to know if waiters come around or if you have to go get food/drinks yourself.

Hi,

Dh and i are going to Royal Palms mid October.

We'll be coming in on the Freedom of the Seas and have reserved a cabana on the beach. Yes it costs $100 but,

we figured it would be nice to have your personal waiter and comfy loungers for the price.

A little pricey but by the time you pay the entrance fee, rent loungers and an umbrella run back and forth to the restaurant for food and drinks it's worth the price.:D

Here's the https://royalpalmscayman.com/cruise-ship-visitorslink:

Hope this helps:)

Can't wait for our day at Royal Palms

Liz:)

Hi,

Dh and i are going to Royal Palms mid October.

We'll be coming in on the Freedom of the Seas and have reserved a cabana on the beach. Yes it costs $100 but,

we figured it would be nice to have your personal waiter and comfy loungers for the price.

A little pricey but by the time you pay the entrance fee, rent loungers and an umbrella run back and forth to the restaurant for food and drinks it's worth the price.:D

Here's the https://royalpalmscayman.com/cruise-ship-visitorslink:

Hope this helps:)

Can't wait for our day at Royal Palms

Thanks and look forward to your take on it once back. Did you rent a a beach, ocean or pool cabana

We rented a beach Cabana.

I heard it gets a little loud with the music by the pool. Plus, we like to be near the ocean. The Cayman water is one of our favorites:)

Be sure to get lots of photos you can share. I was able to get a cabana schematic to help know what ones to reserve for my group. I have to wait till a bit later to hit the 6 month mark to reserve but will get 4 hopefully side by side on the beach. If you want a copy of the schematic just email me.

• 3 weeks later...
We'll be going in November, and I'll take pictures.

Thanks for that. Looking forward to seeing photos. We ended up renting all 6 of the beach cabanas in that separate area on the left side if looking from water to the resort.

Have a great time and hope the place has great food, drinks, service and tons of fun

Thanks for that. Looking forward to seeing photos. We ended up renting all 6 of the beach cabanas in that separate area on the left side if looking from water to the resort.

Have a great time and hope the place has great food, drinks, service and tons of fun

How were you able to reserve a specific cabana I did not see that anywhere on the reservation form?