Where at on Orient Bay Please

NanaBell

Trying to decide where to land our butts on Orient Bay in St Maarten. Can someone who has been there recently give me some input please? KonTiki, Kakoa, Or Orange Fever-(this one may be closed for construction) I've read to tell the taxi where to drop you off at and they will do so, as we have two people that can not walk very far. Thanks

Edited by NanaBell

We were ones first off the ship in St. Martin and we went directly to the taxi stand at the pier. The station to the far right was for Orient Beach. It was only us two and one other couple in the first shuttle van and we just indicated Orient Beach.

The shuttle dropped us off and we were the first on the beach for the day and got front row chaises at this beach property. We had to pay for the loungers and got three buckets of beers for the day.

I just looked up the credit card statement for that day and it was for La Plantation. We would go back if we return.

Here is the web site:

http://en.la-plantation.com/Restaurants/COCO-Beach

Edited by MarcelLucSell

Trying to decide where to land our butts on Orient Bay in St Maarten. Can someone who has been there recently give me some input please? KonTiki, Kakoa, Or Orange Fever-(this one may be closed for construction) I've read to tell the taxi where to drop you off at and they will do so, as we have two people that can not walk very far. Thanks

Kakao and Orange Fever are good. You may want to try looking on the ports of call board. Chose Caribbean and then St. Maarten. Here is the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93

I also use trip advisor which is also very helpful

Kakao and Orange Fever are good. You may want to try looking on the ports of call board. Chose Caribbean and then St. Maarten. Here is the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93

I also use trip advisor which is also very helpful

So you HAVE been there lately Belkin? I did look at trip advisor (love that site :) ) and all the reviews are great but no one talked about the construction as for now...

So you HAVE been there lately Belkin? I did look at trip advisor (love that site :) ) and all the reviews are great but no one talked about the construction as for now...

Not recently but am going again soon.

I just looked at their page on social media and am shocked. Apparently a whole section of beach bars have been bull dozed down and are in the process of being rebuilt. They say they are going to reopen but no mention of when.

Now I am looking for a new place too!

Looks like Kakao Beach Club is still open. There are pictures from yesterday on their social media site. I will be watching for more info on this construction.

Edited by belkin
added more info

The fact that no one is taking about the construction may not be a bad thing. It's a very large beach with plenty of choices at this time of year to accommodate all those that want to go to Orient and perhaps this construction has not been impactful on people's beach days.

• 3 weeks later...