POA - Obstructed View Balcony Cabin 7010

Riverwinds 13

Took a chance on booking cabin 7010 which is a balcony cabin with an obstructed view. This cabin was $1,000 per person cheaper than the next upward class of cabins. Thought at that price it was worth taking a risk. I understand that the balcony is very large on this cabin but no one has ever mention how obstructed the view might be. Appears that the balcony is sort of enclosed but how much does that hamper the view when sitting down looking out. :confused:Is the view very restricted? Anyone know? Thanks!!

Took a chance on booking cabin 7010 which is a balcony cabin with an obstructed view. This cabin was $1,000 per person cheaper than the next upward class of cabins. Thought at that price it was worth taking a risk. I understand that the balcony is very large on this cabin but no one has ever mention how obstructed the view might be. Appears that the balcony is sort of enclosed but how much does that hamper the view when sitting down looking out. :confused:Is the view very restricted? Anyone know? Thanks!!

Are you sure you will be in cabin 7010?? As far as we can see, the obstructed view cabins don't start until 7052.

Are you sure you will be in cabin 7010?? As far as we can see, the obstructed view cabins don't start until 7052.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it is cabin 7010. Think I choose the wrong description for this cabin. It is listed as a Category BX - Guarantee Balcony. Not listed as an obstructed view cabin. However, in the description it says that it may be obstructed in some way. Although not obstructed by a life boat or something similar, I think there is something obstructing the view from the balcony. In looking at a picture of the outside of the ship, it appears as if the balcony is somewhat enclosed. Guess I'll find out on 1/23/2016, the date of our sailing. Just trying to prepare for any disappointment. However, since it's $2000 cheaper than the next class of balcony, I figure something has to be lacking from the typical balcony cabin.

Edited by Riverwinds 13

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it is cabin 7010. Think I choose the wrong description for this cabin. It is listed as a Category BX - Guarantee Balcony. Not listed as an obstructed view cabin. However, in the description it says that it may be obstructed in some way. Although not obstructed by a life boat or something similar, I think there is something obstructing the view from the balcony. In looking at a picture of the outside of the ship, it appears as if the balcony is somewhat enclosed. Guess I'll find out on 1/23/2016, the date of our sailing. Just trying to prepare for any disappointment. However, since it's $2000 cheaper than the next class of balcony, I figure something has to be lacking from the typical balcony cabin.

As you may know, a Guarantee cabin assures you of getting a cabin in at least that category - but it won't give you any choice and some of the cabins may have drawbacks such as obstructed view. If you go to "Cruise Critic Pride of America photos" and click on the exterior shots in the section called "The Ship", you can get a pretty good look at where your cabin will be - and we do not see any obstruction. Yes, the balcony does seem enclosed, but that can be a blessing and not a curse when the sun is out and you want to sit outside and not get baked.

If you just google POA cabin 7010, you will see several links, one of them a review by someone who stayed in that cabin. The poster made reference to the fact that this was a 'large balcony' cabin, but made no mention of any obstruction. There were also links to some sites which compile deck plans and cabin information and also pictures of cabins from cruisers. We have used these sites in the past to see pictures and cabin info for 'our cabin' prior to sailing.

Have to amend our previous post to say search "Photos of Pride of America Cruise Ship" (gallery of 2,800+ photos). Also, have to say all guarantee cabins are not bad ones. One can be pleasantly surprised. Bon voyage!!

Thank you.....anxiously awaiting ou trip. We were in Hawaii in 2008 and got married on Makapu beach...it was beautiful. Back then we were on the Pride (?) of Aloha......for a 10 night cruise.

If you just google POA cabin 7010, you will see several links, one of them a review by someone who stayed in that cabin. The poster made reference to the fact that this was a 'large balcony' cabin, but made no mention of any obstruction. There were also links to some sites which compile deck plans and cabin information and also pictures of cabins from cruisers. We have used these sites in the past to see pictures and cabin info for 'our cabin' prior to sailing.

Thank you..I will check it out.

• 1 month later...