Arrival time in Charleston?

So, I have read multiple threads but could not find anyone's experience with times--only stating that they won't let you in until everyone is off of the ship. We are being dropped off, not parking. Boarding pass says 12:30-2:30, but we were thinking about arriving earlier. Just wondering what past experiences have been.

And again...if Carnival is telling you to board between 12:30-2:30 there is no reason to get there earlier as that is the boarding time. Sort of like saying my flight out of CHS is at 6pm, they say get there 2 hrs prior....thus no reason for me to leave my apartment in West Ashley and drive the 4 miles and get there at 11am.

Edited by TruckerDave

Last year we got to the port about 11 and they hadn't started letting people into the parking lot yet. We got lucky while we were circling and ended up at the entrance when they opened it and were about the 5th car in. By the time we wound our way through the parking lot, dropping off luggage, paying for parking (we ended up here for about 10 minutes since they people in front of me couldn't figure out where their credit card was and then there was a problem with the machine). I've got a picture of us on the shuttle to the terminal that was taken at 12:15. There were no lines, we went straight thru security, check-in and were onboard by 12:30!

We're going again in 2 weeks and will do the same. If the weather is decent, I'd think you'd be fine getting dropped off at 11. If not, you may want to wait just a bit so you don't get stuck outside.

We're on the 28th too! I started a roll call awhile back but there hasn't been much activity.

I'm traveling my my daughter, her sorority sister and a friend of mine. We did the same week last year (my daughter's college spring break) and had a blast. Last year College of Charleston had the same break so there were lots of kids from that school, but many others from Ohio and other places. We're all super excited about our girls only Spring Break!