Beach Advice

Joe19fan

Ok, my fellow cruisers, I need some help. We want to do a beach day in Antigua, and I just can't decide where.

Here's our story, last time in Antigua, we went to Coconut Beach Club, and thoroughly love it. The beach was beautiful, drinks were refreshing, and it wasn't crowded. But that is not an option this year.

We enjoy day passes that are all inclusive, as we like knowing what we are paying for when we get there, and I like "froo froo" drinks, which tend to be more expensive. We like good food, but aren't foodies.

So, we've looked at the Grand Pineapple and also Jacqui O's. We would do the $65 pp day pass at Grand Pineapple. We would still need cab fare there, and tips. Any clue on what we could expect for taxi fares? Jacqui O's looks good, but I can't find any prices. If I drank 5-6 drinks, and my husband drank say 8 during the day....would we be spending a great deal more than $65 pp?

Also, if we chose a public beach and purchased lunch and the above mentioned drinks, plus beach chair rental....how would that cost compare?

I know, I know; I sound cheap. Not cheap at all.....just want to get the best value for my dollar. :)

Ok, my fellow cruisers, I need some help. We want to do a beach day in Antigua, and I just can't decide where.

Here's our story, last time in Antigua, we went to Coconut Beach Club, and thoroughly love it. The beach was beautiful, drinks were refreshing, and it wasn't crowded. But that is not an option this year.

We enjoy day passes that are all inclusive, as we like knowing what we are paying for when we get there, and I like "froo froo" drinks, which tend to be more expensive. We like good food, but aren't foodies.

So, we've looked at the Grand Pineapple and also Jacqui O's. We would do the $65 pp day pass at Grand Pineapple. We would still need cab fare there, and tips. Any clue on what we could expect for taxi fares? Jacqui O's looks good, but I can't find any prices. If I drank 5-6 drinks, and my husband drank say 8 during the day....would we be spending a great deal more than $65 pp?

Also, if we chose a public beach and purchased lunch and the above mentioned drinks, plus beach chair rental....how would that cost compare?

I know, I know; I sound cheap. Not cheap at all.....just want to get the best value for my dollar. :)

If you wish to be spoilt with a day of pampering in a place with shabby chich class and style, then it is JO's.

Do agree, for the quantity of food and cocktails you both wish to consume in such a short time would cost more than $65.00 each. But in consuming eight of JO's "Special Cocktails" you may require hospitalisation.

So may one suggest you do pass on JO, and look elsewhere for a establishment more suited to your needs. :)

JO doesn't charge for beach chairs if you are eating or drinking there. Google the menu. or email the owner. lance.leonhardt@gmail.com

We always take a cab to any local beach with bar service. Last was Dickenson beach. I thought cab was very reasonable and the driver said he would be back at a certain time and he was.

If you wish to be spoilt with a day of pampering in a place with shabby chich class and style, then it is JO's.

Do agree, for the quantity of food and cocktails you both wish to consume in such a short time would cost more than $65.00 each. But in consuming eight of JO's "Special Cocktails" you may require hospitalisation.

So may one suggest you do pass on JO, and look elsewhere for a establishment more suited to your needs. :)

Okay, I may have exaggerated on the amount of alcohol! We have done an AI day pass in Cozumel, and the pina coladas, mudslides, etc., were in a 8-10 oz glass, so over the course of 6 hours in the sun, I was able to drink 4-5. My hubby usually has one pina colada type drink, and then local beer, hence why he is able to drink more; again in a 6 hour time period. As far as food goes, we like good food, but neither of us can eat much....buffets are too much food for us. We generally split an entrée when we go out, and get an appetizer. And we love to be pampered! If you have lunch reservations, how long are you able to use the loungers?

Okay, I may have exaggerated on the amount of alcohol! We have done an AI day pass in Cozumel, and the pina coladas, mudslides, etc., were in a 8-10 oz glass, so over the course of 6 hours in the sun, I was able to drink 4-5. My hubby usually has one pina colada type drink, and then local beer, hence why he is able to drink more; again in a 6 hour time period. As far as food goes, we like good food, but neither of us can eat much....buffets are too much food for us. We generally split an entrée when we go out, and get an appetizer. And we love to be pampered! If you have lunch reservations, how long are you able to use the loungers?

Loungers - All day.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a group that will be in Antigua next year on the Jewel. How do you find Jo's on Facebook?

https://www.facebook.com/JacquiOsBeachHouseAntigua/

E-mail : lovebeachantigua@gmail.com

Basic information: https://www.facebook.com/JacquiOsBeachHouseAntigua/info?tab=page_info

Enjoy ;-)

Edited by PORT ROYAL

if you wish to be spoilt with a day of pampering in a place with shabby chich class and style, then it is jo's.

Do agree, for the quantity of food and cocktails you both wish to consume in such a short time would cost more than $65.00 each. But in consuming eight of jo's "special cocktails" you may require hospitalisation.

So may one suggest you do pass on jo, and look elsewhere for a establishment more suited to your needs. :)

do you work for jacqui o's?

what beaches are there for families? one with jet skis, cocktails, and nice blue water.. thanks in advance :)

The most gentle waves, with all the toys etc is English Harbour. Because of all this it is a destination for the cruise herds, and it will be busy. Get there early as possible.