Hilton Garden Inn NJ

postie1980

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn , Ridgefield NJ and used the round trip shuttle to Manhattan terminal that is included in the cruise and park package . How was it and when you got back to the port was the shuttle fast and easy to find ?

The prices are really good and I just wondered what the people on cruise critic think ? With this hotel you can book in Canadian $$$

Thanks

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn , Ridgefield NJ and used the round trip shuttle to Manhattan terminal that is included in the cruise and park package . How was it and when you got back to the port was the shuttle fast and easy to find ?

The prices are really good and I just wondered what the people on cruise critic think ? With this hotel you can book in Canadian $$$

Thanks

This us a new offering within the last few months and we don't have any specific feedback on it. Call the hotel directly during the day on a weekday for more specific details. They can tell you exactly how it works. My impression is that it is not a shuttle but a private car service.

The prices are really good and the hotel is well located coming from Canada.

We are booked here Jan 31st and hoping all goes smoothly. Would love to hear others testimony. I'll let you know our experience when we get back; not sure when you are are looking to book?

Yes please come back with and update. I think I`d like to book. We need to leave our vehicle for 11 days though. Seems like a nice hotel.

• 3 weeks later...

We are also looking to book this hotel for our 10/30/16 cruise. I was looking at the parking at the pier for our cruise and it is $280.00. The hotel with the breakfast, car service and onsite parking for the week was approx $287.00. We are coming from Delaware (about a 2 hour drive), but want the comfort of knowing we are close the day of. We sailed out of Baltimore 3 years ago and did a park and cruise as well. The day before when we were driving to Baltimore we came up on a accident that closed 95 down for 2 hours. I know if this was our cruise day, I would have been in a PANIC!! Plus, we are sailing with our 2 kids, so if they can sleep a little later the day of the cruise and we will get a nice breakfast as well and hopefully no panic, I think the price is well worth it!!!

Hope everyone enjoys their cruises and we get some feedback soon from someone that has stayed here and done this deal!!

Edited by Ricanicole

We just got off the Gem on Thursday. We travelled from NB to NY. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in NJ for $259 plus taxes. It included one night stay, 10 days parking and they paid for the taxi to and from the terminal. I thought that was a pretty decent deal. Nice hotel too.

We have also booked this hotel for a June cruise. They were very helpful when we called them. We are coming a few days early to do some sightseeing so they booked us with 2 different rates so that we only pay the park and cruise rate for one night. Although it states that you get 7 nights of parking, we are doing a back to back that will total 9 days. They said it was no problem. My in laws are also cruising with us, but are flying in. The hotel said that they could ride to the port with us for no extra charge.

I think it is a private car instead of a taxi because when we asked about having a vehicle that was large enough to accommodate 4 adults and 2 kids with 9 days worth of luggage, they said that they tell the company how big of a vehicle to bring based on our needs.

I will be excited to see some reports come back after some of you complete your trips.

We have also booked this hotel for a June cruise. They were very helpful when we called them. We are coming a few days early to do some sightseeing so they booked us with 2 different rates so that we only pay the park and cruise rate for one night. Although it states that you get 7 nights of parking, we are doing a back to back that will total 9 days. They said it was no problem. My in laws are also cruising with us, but are flying in. The hotel said that they could ride to the port with us for no extra charge.

I think it is a private car instead of a taxi because when we asked about having a vehicle that was large enough to accommodate 4 adults and 2 kids with 9 days worth of luggage, they said that they tell the company how big of a vehicle to bring based on our needs.

I will be excited to see some reports come back after some of you complete your trips.

We had the same experience when we called the hotel. We are also arriving a few days early and they booked us at 2 different rates for the days to avoid the high costs. They linked our reservation so we won't have to switch rooms:-)

I am also looking to get more feedback on this package because it seems to be a great deal. Very reassuring the reviews have been positive!

Thanks for the feedback.

How are you planning to do your sightseeing in NYC from the Hilton Garden in Ridgefield Park?

Thanks for the feedback.

How are you planning to do your sightseeing in NYC from the Hilton Garden in Ridgefield Park?

Hi Carol, I cannot speak to the previous poster, but we are planing on using a tour company that will pick us up from the Hotel and take us around to the Major sites, Statue of Liberty, Times Square, 9/11 memorial...etc. I don't think I can post their name here but if you google NYC tours from NJ Hotels they come up

They got good reviews and seem like a nice fit for someone who like me who has never been to NYC even though I live in NY :-)

Hi Carol, I cannot speak to the previous poster, but we are planing on using a tour company that will pick us up from the Hotel and take us around to the Major sites, Statue of Liberty, Times Square, 9/11 memorial...etc. I don't think I can post their name here but if you google NYC tours from NJ Hotels they come up

They got good reviews and seem like a nice fit for someone who like me who has never been to NYC even though I live in NY :-)

That's a great idea! You can post the name.

I just wanted to start a discussion of how to sightsee in NYC from Ridgefield Park NJ to get folks thinking about their options. That area is outside of the areas that we normally discuss and as far as I'm aware, bus is the only public transit option.

Edited by 138east

That's a great idea! You can post the name.

I just wanted to start a discussion of how to sightsee in NYC from Ridgefield Park NJ to get folks thinking about their options. That area is outside of the areas that we normally discuss and as far as I'm aware, bus is the only public transit option.

They are called newyorktoursnyc.com. They got good reviews on Tripadvisor and it looked like what I wanted for a first time visit to NYC.

I booked this package with the HGI because it seems like a good deal, I can leave my car at the Hotel and also use this group for a site seeing day in NYC without having to worry about driving in NYC and trying to maneuver the ins and outs.

I hope it works out :-)

They are called newyorktoursnyc.com. They got good reviews on Tripadvisor and it looked like what I wanted for a first time visit to NYC.

I booked this package with the HGI because it seems like a good deal, I can leave my car at the Hotel and also use this group for a site seeing day in NYC without having to worry about driving in NYC and trying to maneuver the ins and outs.

I hope it works out :-)

Please post back about your experience. As I said before, the public transit options from Ridgefield Park to NYC are more limited, so having a tour company pick you up right at the hotel is a nice option.

Thanks for the feedback.

They told us that there is a bus terminal literally in their parking lot that would take us into Manhatten for around $3 per person. I'm hoping this is true.

This is another reason that I am anxious to hear some details from others who have already stayed there.

I did also read on a review on another site that talked about the desk at the hotel being very helpful in telling them the bus routes that they needed to get to their sightseeing destinations.

Fingers crossed that this is as good as it sounds.

Thanks for the feedback.

If we opt for this hotel (we are Hilton Honors member) would we still be able to drive to Liberty State Park to get the ferry and go into the city that way?

If we opt for this hotel (we are Hilton Honors member) would we still be able to drive to Liberty State Park to get the ferry and go into the city that way?

Yes. It's about 20 miles on the NJ Turnpike from Ridgefield Park to Liberty State Park.

If you go from the SOL to Manhattan, you would still have to get yourselves back to your car in NJ via the Liberty Landing ferry.

Honestly you're sailing from Cape Liberty, not Manhattan. Why would you want to stay in Ridgefield Park? This Hilton Gardens offers a unique deal for the folks sailing from Manhattan who are looking at paying $280 plus at least $15 in tolls to park at the pier in Manhattan. For less money they are getting hotel + parking + round trip port transportation. This offer is for Manhattan Sailings only.

Edited by 138east

That is awesome about the tour company. I'm going too look into that. Currently we are planning to take the public bus to the bus terminal which is one bus and it's only half hour.

Public bus is fine, but it's New York where a half hour can easily become an hour.

They told us that there is a bus terminal literally in their parking lot that would take us into Manhatten for around $3 per person. I'm hoping this is true.

This is another reason that I am anxious to hear some details from others who have already stayed there.

I did also read on a review on another site that talked about the desk at the hotel being very helpful in telling them the bus routes that they needed to get to their sightseeing destinations.

Fingers crossed that this is as good as it sounds.

The hotel appears to be serviced by bus 167Q. http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T1157.pdf

I found this schedule to be confusing - it appears that the service is limited midday. It might be possible to drive to the Vince Lombardi park/ride to get more regular service. Perhaps someone who lives in this area can comment.