Best beach near Kusadasi?

We will be in Kusadasi on May 26 (via the Celebrity Equinox).

We don't want to visit Ephesus -- both because it just isn't that interesting to us, and because we are concerned about tourist destinations being targeted, given the situation in Turkey.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a nice beach near the port? We would like to try to make this a relaxing beach day if possible.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you get a reply as we too are going to be in Kusadasi in June for a stop at the port and have already been to Ephesus and don't see a need to return. We are looking for other activities / sites in the area or just hit the beach and walk the town I guess.

I hope you get a reply as we too are going to be in Kusadasi in June for a stop at the port and have already been to Ephesus and don't see a need to return. We are looking for other activities / sites in the area or just hit the beach and walk the town I guess.

We took a short taxi ride from the port to Ladies Beach and had a lovely day. You won't have any trouble getting one back either. All the best, Tony

[YOUTUBE]PJibfZw7IUQ[/YOUTUBE]

Another vote for Ladies Beach - umbrellas etc to hire, restaurants and cafes etc. Taxi to and from - not far at all.

About how much was the taxi and umbrellas if you remember. Only want to get as much local currency as we need for the day. Thank you!

Leadft

I hope you will reconsider Ephesus. We took a private tour there that was the highlight of our entire Mediterranean cruise.

I agree with you 100%!! For us however, this will be about our 4th stop there and happy to find alternative activities for the day! I can't remember if we could get by on euros there or not.

Sorry Murphey - can't remember the exact amounts, we paid in Turkish local currency and remember being surprised at how cheap it was (restaurants too.) I would be surprised if you couldn't pay in euros. It was all very, very reasonable and we had a great day. Very easy to do.