Pier to Marco Polo

kasijab

Sorry if this has been asked but I can't find any info ....we are overnighting in Venice next month and have a 2pm flight out the next day ...can anyone advise what time I should book a cab for to go to the airport please. Was aiming to leave the ship around 9 -9.30 depending on what they will allow.

Two airports serve Venice - Treviso (TSF) is 25 miles, 35 minutes or Marco Polo (VCE) is 9 miles / 20 minutes.

For a European flight you'll want to be at the airport 90 mins to 2 hours ahead.

Most cruise lines stagger disembarkation, but you'll have no problem switching to the latest disembarkation slot.

But you'll be thrown off the ship by 10am, possibly a little earlier, so I suggest you book a taxi for 10am or mebbe even 10.30

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

Sorry if this has been asked but I can't find any info ....we are overnighting in Venice next month and have a 2pm flight out the next day ...can anyone advise what time I should book a cab for to go to the airport please. Was aiming to leave the ship around 9 -9.30 depending on what they will allow.

Store your baggage in Piazzale Roma @ 5-7 euro/bag for the day! Take the ATVO bus to the airport 2.5hrs before your flight. A lot of airline desks won't open before 2hrs to departure and the airport is small.

There is a lot to see around the port while you are waiting!

Enjoy

Dave

Two airports serve Venice - Treviso (TSF) is 25 miles, 35 minutes or Marco Polo (VCE) is 9 miles / 20 minutes.

Wot a silly-billy. :o

Had been involved in a thread about Cruise & Maritime & read Marco Polo (one of their ships) as your ship, not your airport.

So you may have read my post & thought "why's the lad mentioned Treviso airport - is he blind"

No, I'm not blind.

I'm just stupid. :D

for a European flight I would recommend arriving 2 hrs prior to departure. We arrived at 4pm for a 6pm flight to Portugal .... they said we would probably miss the flight. We made it, but only because we ran all the way to the gate from security.

So, 2 hrs plus 15-20 minutes for the drive, means your cab should leave the pier by 11:40. A cab is about 40e. I think you will need to be off the ship by 10am though.

We saw cabs at the pier but the drivers were holding name cards so it appeared they were all reserved.