Disembarking in Vancouver but the flight is late a night. What to do in Vancouver?

HDBoy

We a party of 6 will be disembarking in Vancouver in the morning. Out flight back to home is at 11:00 PM from Vancouver. Wondering what to do during the long lay off ?. Please suggest what should we do with the luggage

You might want to check the WEST COAST DEPARTURES forum for past answers to this question.

CDS has luggage storage at Canada Place until around 4pm. They will also transport your luggage directly to the airport. I think it's $40 for 3 or 4 bags. All them for current info:

http://www.cdsbaggage.ca/

Perhaps your cruiseline offers the Direct to Airport luggage service. Check with them and compare the cost.

Past responses included the suggestion to tip the belldesk at the Pan Pacific Hotel at Canada Place to hold your luggage for the day.

Once your rid of the luggage there's much to do in Vancouver.

Definitely check the other forum mentioned above.

Once your luggage is stored, I suggest exploring Stanley Park. It's one of my favorite places, such a beautiful nature escape on the edge of a busy downtown. There is an aquarium there as well.

We a party of 6 will be disembarking in Vancouver in the morning. Out flight back to home is at 11:00 PM from Vancouver. Wondering what to do during the long lay off ?. Please suggest what should we do with the luggage
Vancouver is a great place to be stuck without a boat or plane... if only a few hours...

Possible itinerary....

• 8am enjoy the breakfast that you paid for
  • 9am debarkation, look for luggage and customs
  • 9:45 walk over to CDS luggage and for $40 have your luggage ship to their airport for pickup
  • 10:15 walk outside to the Pan Pacific and look for the Grouse Mountain shuttle
  • 11:30am up the Gondola to catch the views, wildlife and shows
  • 4pm off Grouse and ask if the driver offers a drop off at Capilano. If not, public transit to Capilano
  • 4:30pm enter the Capilano Suspension bridge
  • 6pm catch one of the last free shuttles back downtown
  • 7pm catch the subway to the airport
  • 7:45pm arrive at airport to look for International Arrivals CDS luggage to retrieve luggage. Decide if you plan to stay longer to experience the Canadian lifestyle.
  • 8pm elevator upstairs to US departures... you are asked to check-in 3 hours pre-flight for customs and your security searches (hand, body, luggage, carry-on's, liquids, weapons, ULU's, and WMD's)
  • 10pm dinner at the airport
  • 11pm wheels up with dreams on your return to Vancouver on a future flight for more fun because you ran out of time!

[YOUTUBE]rx-ClLHK3Yg[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]RJZcYalXkPg[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]pJdkKFNLYOE[/YOUTUBE]

We rented a car at the pier, one way to the airport. We went to Granville Island and poked around, and stopped some other places in town. Was well worth the cost and gave us so much freedom while keeping our luggage with us.

The red eye was a killer though. Took us 2 or 3 days to recover from that.

We rented a car at the pier, one way to the airport. We went to Granville Island and poked around, and stopped some other places in town. Was well worth the cost and gave us so much freedom while keeping our luggage with us.
Warning..... Vancouver has a high frequency of rental car break-ins..... rental car luggage at tourist attractions is very tempting to feed $200/day medication habits.

Parking is also not cheap in Vancouver..... $40 luggage transfer is bargain... especially when you factor in the hassle of a broken window.

We are taking a post cruise tour with Land and Seas. They will handle our luggage and pick us up in the ship area. When the tour is finished they will drop us and our luggage off at our hotel. They will also drop off at the airport. This might be a bit expensive for 6 people though. I like the idea of seeing a little of all the areas in Vancouver. If I see one I would like to check out further, we can always go back that evening.

Xlxo I am adopting this itinerary! Looks like a perfect way to spend our last day. Thanks! (I am also on an 11 pm flight).
I should add... here's the Grouse shuttle schedule to get to the mountain after dropping off luggage at CDS.

https://www.grousemountain.com/shuttle

Here's the Capilano shuttle schedule to plan your return downtown.

https://www.capbridge.com/visit/shuttle-service/

For those with extended stays... there's also Stanley Park, Storybrooke, Whistler, Victoria and Banff to make it a multi day port adventure.

[YOUTUBE]ZLL6du--lQA[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]vIvtsz1b60Q[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]EvH_ROLyUZQ[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]Gcyt8Xdvsgs[/YOUTUBE]

Xlxo or other vancouverites - do you think we would need to prebook zip lining on grouse? This looks fun, but only if the weather is nice. Don't think I would like to fly home as a drowned rat at 11 pm.

We are there on a Sunday if that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by DanaDanes

You should seriously consider doing the Fly Over Canada virtual reality ride - it's at the top and on the far end of Canada Place, away from the street. I was there for the May 5th Alaska cruise and arrived a day early. It was extremely realistic and fun. I did it twice I liked it so well! I arrived about 5 hours ahead of my traveling partner so had some time to do some solo walking around and did the ride then. When my other half arrived we jumped right in a cab and went back for my 2nd ride. EXCELLENT!

Xlxo or other vancouverites - do you think we would need to prebook zip lining on grouse? This looks fun, but only if the weather is nice. Don't think I would like to fly home as a drowned rat at 11 pm.

We are there on a Sunday if that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sundays can be busy on Grouse. If a zipline is of interest, I do recommend pre-booking for your group. Check the weather forecast a week before to get an idea.

On a return trip..... consider Whistler's Sasquatch zip line for the ultimate experience.

Fly-over Canada can be done when the Cap/Grouse shuttles return you to Canada Place if you end your North Shore activities early from my proposed itinerary schedule.

Edited by xlxo

xlxo: these sound like great options... Thanks for the helpful links! We only have part of the day available (flight at 4:45) so I think we only have time to do one of these. Trying to pick which one, lol

HD Boy we have the same exact problem. We are a group of 8 people ranging in age from 13 to 72! We put a lot of thought into this because getting off the ship at 9:30ish and having 8 people with a ton of luggage and nothing to do for an entire day until our 11pm flight was going to be a challenge.

I got in touch with Landsea tours and we rented a mini coach for 7 hours. Our luggage will be with us and we are taking a trip to Whistler for the day. We can change our itinerary once we're on the bus with the tour guide to see if there is anything else we would like to do so basically we have a private tour guide to keep us busy. I called the airport and we can't check in until 3 hours prior to boarding. I asked if there was a place to hang out in the airport (mind you 8 people with a ton of luggage) and the woman said there was just a sitting area where you can grab a bite but we need to keep our luggage with us.

As another person mentioned there is a place in the airport you can check your bags and they will hold them until your flight but there is a fee per bag for that.

Landsea is a great company they worked with me and they are very efficient.

xlxo: these sound like great options... Thanks for the helpful links! We only have part of the day available (flight at 4:45) so I think we only have time to do one of these. Trying to pick which one, lol
Hmm... you need to be at the airport at 1:45pm to meet the preflight.

I recommend....

• enjoy breakfast on the cruise that you paid for
  • 9am walkoff to locate luggage and customs
  • 9:30am storing luggage at the cruise terminal w/ CDS. Some have suggested hotels.
  • 9:45am get on the Capilano Suspension Bridge shuttle.
  • 10:15am arrival at Capilano
  • 12pm leave Capilano
  • 12:45pm retrieve luggage at cruise terminal's CDS
  • 1pm $35 ($28 USD) ride to airport with taxi.
  • 1:45pm arrival at airport for the 3 hours check-in, security and customs pre-flight
  • 4:45pm wheels up with dreams of a return trip to Vancouver to do all the activities you ran out of time for.

Is anyone afraid of heights?

Edited by xlxo

HD Boy we have the same exact problem. We are a group of 8 people ranging in age from 13 to 72! We put a lot of thought into this because getting off the ship at 9:30ish and having 8 people with a ton of luggage and nothing to do for an entire day until our 11pm flight was going to be a challenge.

I got in touch with Landsea tours and we rented a mini coach for 7 hours. Our luggage will be with us and we are taking a trip to Whistler for the day. We can change our itinerary once we're on the bus with the tour guide to see if there is anything else we would like to do so basically we have a private tour guide to keep us busy. I called the airport and we can't check in until 3 hours prior to boarding. I asked if there was a place to hang out in the airport (mind you 8 people with a ton of luggage) and the woman said there was just a sitting area where you can grab a bite but we need to keep our luggage with us.

As another person mentioned there is a place in the airport you can check your bags and they will hold them until your flight but there is a fee per bag for that.

Landsea is a great company they worked with me and they are very efficient.

Hmm....

I prefer to ship the luggage with CDS ($40 for 4 bags and $10 for extras) to free up your sightseeing and dinner options.

Hmm... you need to be at the airport at 1:45pm to meet the preflight.

I recommend....

• enjoy breakfast on the cruise that you paid for
  • 9am walkoff to locate luggage and customs
  • 9:30am storing luggage at the cruise terminal w/ CDS. Some have suggested hotels.
  • 9:45am get on the Capilano Suspension Bridge shuttle.
  • 10:15am arrival at Capilano
  • 12pm leave Capilano
  • 12:45pm retrieve luggage at cruise terminal's CDS
  • 1pm $35 ($28 USD) ride to airport with taxi.
  • 1:45pm arrival at airport for the 3 hours check-in, security and customs pre-flight
  • 4:45pm wheels up with dreams of a return trip to Vancouver to do all the activities you ran out of time for.

Is anyone afraid of heights?

You are so awesome, thank you! Yes, my DH and I do have a problem with heights, though we managed to overcome them to zipline in Puerto Vallarta. The initial portion was a bit troubling, but once we got used to it we were okay, though I see that the suspension bridge is right away... no time to ease into it, lol. I showed my husband the video you linked above and he was sold right away, course I didn't tell him the price, lol. I did reserve a car for about $30 USD inc taxes. Aside from break ins (any suggestions to deter while at Capilano?), are there any other concerns regarding renting a car? I see we need to go north for the bridge and then south for the airport. As a fallback, if weather is not good I was thinking we could go to Stanley Park instead (or on way back if time). Thanks so much

Grouse would be a good alternative to height challenged Capilano....

However Grouse activities don't really happen first thing in the morning. That's why I suggested Capilano to better fit your schedule.

Capilano rates have been going up steadily since they enhanced the park and included a free shuttle from the cruise terminal.

Remember to give yourself a currency discount. Those admission charges are based on the devalued oil ruble.

XIXO what do you mean by ship your luggage with CDS?
if you have not committed to the Landsea post cruise tour (as you wanted to travel with your luggage). I was suggesting to have the cruise terminal forward your luggage to the airport (via CDS baggage). This way you can go sightseeing anywhere or eat anywhere without worrying about your luggage until you are ready for flight checkin at 8pm.

I wish I would have know this XIXO Celebrity is not very helpful in letting you know these things. If it was for cruise critic I would know half these things. My travel agent even asked celebrity what our options would be that day and they only offer a 2 1/2 hour tour when you get off the ship. I am already committed with land sea because I was in a panic figuring out our options with all this luggage. Thanks for the info I appreciate it. I guess I should have gotten on the boards sooner :(