Belfast Shuttle Bus

We are due in Belfast in two weeks time on Fred Olsen's Boudicca.

We have been sent port details with a map showing a shuttle bus drop off point in the city centre. On Fred, all freedom fare passengers, (that is non guarantee bookings), get free shuttle bus tickets. Others will need to pay a small amount, which is typically £5 for the whole day, so it would even be possible to return to the ship during the day and go back into town using the same ticket.

I thought all cruise companies ran shuttles if the ship is docked a way from the port town/city, even if there is a charge to use it.

It also seems very strange that the OP has mentioned a price charged in $ by a local bus company, in a country that uses GBP as their currency! I wonder if the OP is a taxi driver?

Edited by tring

I think the shuttle availability and price depends on your cruise line and what they agree to do with the local provider. I wrote to the Belfast Tourist agency about an upcoming cruise on the Magellan and received this response:

The precise timings of these shuttle buses will be available on the day you arrive and staff from the Visit Belfast Welcome Centre will be on board and at the quayside to provide you with directions and answer any questions you might have. There may be a charge for the shuttle service, but this will be decided by the cruise ship company on the day. The shuttle bus from the cruise terminal drops off and picks up from outside Visit Belfast.

A taxi from the cruise terminal to the city centre costs approximately £10-£12.

At one point I found a list the shuttles for various cruise ships on a website but I have been unable to locate it again. Our ship was not listed which prompted the email to Visit Belfast.

About how much is a cab to the titanic experience?

We were there last week. We went down to get a cab to the Titanic Exhibit when another couple approached us and asked if we wanted to share the cab. It was 10 Euro for the four of us. After that we walked a short 15 min. walk into town to wander around and have lunch. We grabbed a cab back as the shuttle offered by princess was a round trip fare and would have cost more. I believe we paid approx. 15 Euro to get back to the ship from Belfast city center.

If you buy your tickets online for the exhibit you will save money. Also if you can get there by 9:30 you can get the early bird rate and save another 5 euro each.

We were there last week. We went down to get a cab to the Titanic Exhibit when another couple approached us and asked if we wanted to share the cab. It was 10 Euro for the four of us. After that we walked a short 15 min. walk into town to wander around and have lunch. We grabbed a cab back as the shuttle offered by princess was a round trip fare and would have cost more. I believe we paid approx. 15 Euro to get back to the ship from Belfast city center.

If you buy your tickets online for the exhibit you will save money. Also if you can get there by 9:30 you can get the early bird rate and save another 5 euro each.

Sorry.. I meant GBP, Not Euro. Getting all my stops mixed up!

The price of the shuttle on Princess is $8 each way in Belfast and Dublin.

In Dublin we took a taxi which was €18. Not sure how much it would have been in Belfast as we took the shuttle.

If there are more than 2 in your party, best take a taxi.