George's Taxi in Athens

kaykay51

I will be traveling to Greece in June and have been looking at transfers from the airport to the hotel. I have read good reviews of George's Taxi on TripAdvisor. I was wondering if anyone had any experience using this service. Also they offer some tours of Athens and surrounding areas. Has anyone ever used the tours? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Kay

I will be traveling to Greece in June and have been looking at transfers from the airport to the hotel. I have read good reviews of George's Taxi on TripAdvisor. I was wondering if anyone had any experience using this service. Also they offer some tours of Athens and surrounding areas. Has anyone ever used the tours? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Kay

We have used George Kokkotos' taxi service ("George the Famous Taxi Driver") many times, both for touring and airport pickup. Once he drove us around the Peloponnesus for a four-day tour and up to Delphi and Meteora on a two-day tour. If this is the George's taxi you mean, I can highly recommend him. His sons Dennis and Billy are both working in the business too and are excellent.

georgetaxitours@yahoo.com

We have used George Kokkotos' taxi service ("George the Famous Taxi Driver") many times, both for touring and airport pickup. Once he drove us around the Peloponnesus for a four-day tour and up to Delphi and Meteora on a two-day tour. If this is the George's taxi you mean, I can highly recommend him. His sons Dennis and Billy are both working in the business too and are excellent.

georgetaxitours@yahoo.com

Thanks Marazul. That's the one. He has good reviews on TripAdvisor I've sent him an email about our transfer from the airport to our hotel but haven't heard back yet. I may also book him for one of his tours.

Thanks again.

Kay

I used his company two years ago for transfers from the airport to our hotel and the next day hotel to port. They were reasonably priced , on time., courteous and the vehicles were newish and well maintained. Much easier than the hassle factor at the airport with regular taxis -- while most are honest some will try to rip you off.

• 3 months later...

We used George's service twice on a event visit to Athens, and would happily recommend his services .

We had arranged a transfer from the airport to our hotel. Due to some good luck with our flights, we able to board an earlier than expect flight that arrived in Athens 3 hours earlier than anticipated. After a quick phone call from Heathrow with our new flight details, we were delighted (after travelling for 30 hours) to have our driver ready a waiting at the terminal for us.

We then used Georges (via the company Private Tours Athens) to do the 3 day "Classical Tour of Delphi & Meteora in Leisure" tour. We were picked up up our driver from our hotel, and driven by taxi to the locations specified in the itinerary. What impressed us were the insights provided by our driver / guide (Sratos). He was knowledgable about the sites that we were seeing, but he also provided very informative insights about life in Greece, and the issues that the country is facing.

We couldn't have asked for a more gentlemanly or helpful driver

Edited by Baandb
Typo in heading

My wife and I highly recommend George Kokkotos' taxi service ("George the Famous Taxi Driver") to anyone seeking an excellent service.

George was very professional, and attentive to our requirements. His local knowledge is exceptional.

We arrived in Athens on 27/06/2015 on the Norwegian Cruise Line – The Spirit, and George was waiting for us at the port of Piraeus. We were welcomed with a bright smile and enthusiasm ready for a great day.

Throughout the day George was able to show us all the point of interest we wanted to see, this included, the Temple of Zeus, Panathenaic Stadium, changing of the Guards, Temple of Apollo, Lycabettus Hill and the National Archaeological Museum. Whilst it was a long day, we were so happy that we go to see everything that was on our list.

We will be forever grateful as he made our stay memorable and the added bonus of a fantastic tour guide to take us through the historical journey of the Parthenon was great.

It was also amazing to eat at the local restaurants which highlighted the authenticity of Greek cuisine.

We will definitely use this service again when we are next in Athens and would recommend it to all tourists.

Edited by ftinopragma

I haven't used this service yet -- we have booked George's taxi to pick us up from the airport the day before our Vista cruise, to give us a tour the next morning, then to take us to the port. The documentation says to pay in cash. When asked, they said that they could take a credit card, but that they would add on a 3% surcharge.

I haven't used this service yet -- we have booked George's taxi to pick us up from the airport the day before our Vista cruise, to give us a tour the next morning, then to take us to the port. The documentation says to pay in cash. When asked, they said that they could take a credit card, but that they would add on a 3% surcharge.

Thank You !

• 3 weeks later...
My wife and I highly recommend George Kokkotos' taxi service ("George the Famous Taxi Driver") to anyone seeking an excellent service.

George was very professional, and attentive to our requirements. His local knowledge is exceptional.

We arrived in Athens on 27/06/2015 on the Norwegian Cruise Line – The Spirit, and George was waiting for us at the port of Piraeus. We were welcomed with a bright smile and enthusiasm ready for a great day.

Throughout the day George was able to show us all the point of interest we wanted to see, this included, the Temple of Zeus, Panathenaic Stadium, changing of the Guards, Temple of Apollo, Lycabettus Hill and the National Archaeological Museum. Whilst it was a long day, we were so happy that we go to see everything that was on our list.

We will be forever grateful as he made our stay memorable and the added bonus of a fantastic tour guide to take us through the historical journey of the Parthenon was great.

It was also amazing to eat at the local restaurants which highlighted the authenticity of Greek cuisine.

We will definitely use this service again when we are next in Athens and would recommend it to all tourists.

For our tour he told us we could also hire a licensed guide, did you feel that was something you wish you had in addition to the service he provided?

Thanks in advance.

We just got back from Athens and used George's Taxi for pickup from the port and drop off at the airport. We included a five hour tour of Athens including the Acropolis with our cruise pick up. Absolutely excellent. George even had cold water for us. Both drivers drove sanely which was appreciated. Prices were fair. George prefers euros but I think he would take USD and credit cards but there are fees to use the latter. I would not hesitate using George's Taxi again.