Cafe Versaille Miami

cruisejunkie76

hi,

I Need some advise.

I'm in Miami and want to try the Cafe Versaille.

I'm a Little conserned as it is in Little Havanna and I read that it's not the best area. Normaly I'm OK if travelling in a bigger Group.

This time however I will be by myself (female traveller) and I'm not sure about this area and being all by myself.

hi,

I Need some advise.

I'm in Miami and want to try the Cafe Versaille.

I'm a Little conserned as it is in Little Havanna and I read that it's not the best area. Normaly I'm OK if travelling in a bigger Group.

This time however I will be by myself (female traveller) and I'm not sure about this area and being all by myself.

Where are you staying in Miami? Versaille is the most famous Cuban in Miami not necessarily the best. I would not go out of my way to eat there. There are good Cuban restaurants EVERYWHERE in Miami.

Agree, I wouldn't walk around Calle Ocho at night.

I was toying with it too, next week after Divina...I am staying at the JW Marriott Marquis....as it's my last night, I'd love a great Cuban meal....don't want to spend a zillion dollars, but want good food, drinks and preferably not too touristy...

Any suggestions??? No car, would take a cab

Taking a cab to Versailles day or night is not a problem. I've lived in Miami all of my adult life and there aren't many places I would feel completely comfortable walking around by myself. Having said that, there are always tons of people at Versailles and it's perfectly safe to be dropped off and picked up there. The food is good and yes, there are many good Cuban restaurants but it is very typical Miami and although there are tourists, I assure you, it is full of locals at all hours.

Thanks! I am used to cities, being smart and not doing stupid stuff...I've always wanted to try it since it is somewhat of an institution....

My issue is whether or not I will feel like cabbing it over there, or if there's a decent option in the area of my hotel.... I am more concerned about $50-ish bucks r/t for a cab than anything... :eek::D

I am famously frugal!! (Not really into Uber.....so, I'd cab it.) Hence, less money getting someplace means more money for food...and mojitos!!!

try asking at the desk for a nearby recommendation

odds are there is a good local place near by

and look at the locations for La Carreta ... more "family" and less touristy with several locations around town that are always busy IME

Meg, I wouldn't have a problem taking a cab there and back either, it isn't a safety issue for me. I just don't want to spend $100 on a cab to get a $12 plate of Ropa Viega so I hear ya.

That said, there is a Havana 1957 about ten blocks down Brickell over the bridge from your hotel. It is one of my favorite Cuban restaurants because of the consistency.

http://havana1957.com/brickell/

That said, I think I'm going to have to make Ropa Viega on this rainy Saturday.

btw

a few years ago Cafe V was just a short drive from Mrs' office and we'd go there occasionally for lunch ....

It was NOT the best Cuban we'd had ..... when we went out for dinner it was NEVER on our list of places to go .....

It HAS old school color ... if that is what you want for your experience