Quieter Beach for a Day?

dtmd

The only time that the Marriott seems to limit access is during the busy time of the year (Christmas/New Years, Carnival, etc). Most cruisers are not aware of the Marriott even being on St Kitts so the resort for a day is a good marketing tool to get people to come to the various resorts on the cruise ship's itinerary but I would try my luck at the desk.

The only time that the Marriott seems to limit access is during the busy time of the year (Christmas/New Years, Carnival, etc). Most cruisers are not aware of the Marriott even being on St Kitts so the resort for a day is a good marketing tool to get people to come to the various resorts on the cruise ship's itinerary but I would try my luck at the desk.

Thanks Paul

We have long been fans of "Shipwreck" (which is a bar and small beach facility on South Friars) but our last visit (last December) was a real shock. The beach was essentially gone (totally eroded) and what was left was dirty. The folks that own the place still try to maintain a small strip of sand, but it is not a good situation. Until their government helps with some dredging and rebuilding the beach, it is unlikely the situation will improve. And it is a shame since this is wonderful place with pretty decent snorkeling and a great beach bar/cafe.

Hank

We have long been fans of "Shipwreck" (which is a bar and small beach facility on South Friars) but our last visit (last December) was a real shock. The beach was essentially gone (totally eroded) and what was left was dirty. The folks that own the place still try to maintain a small strip of sand, but it is not a good situation. Until their government helps with some dredging and rebuilding the beach, it is unlikely the situation will improve. And it is a shame since this is wonderful place with pretty decent snorkeling and a great beach bar/cafe.

Hank

We were there less thank a week ago and enjoyed a fantastic day! Very few people, nice food & drinks at decent prices.Didn't look dirty at all. There are sea urchins but if one wears water shoes should be fine. Some swam without them. Cab driver wanted to take us (3 couples) to another beach but we were adamant about going here, so glad we did! Will return. Happy cruising!

To Catrin: This is what we plan to do in 2 weeks!!!! Thanks for pictures and info. Did you just show up and ask for a day room or book ahead? What time did you arrive and leave? Were you allowed one of the cabanas? Any other info on the beach or other details would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sorry.. I think I missed your window..

but for those wondering...

We did not book ahead. When I arrived, I inquired about a Day room vs. Day Passes. She asked us how many, and my daughter counted as a child. When she gave us the rate for the room, we jumped at it.

We arrived first thing in the morning. I think we were there by 8:30 or 9am. We stayed until about 2:30. This gave us enough time to visit the shops by the port without rushing. I think we needed to be back on board by 4:30. We were definately allowed everything a overnight guest would have, including four towel tickets, access to games, volleyball etc. The cabanas at the beach were plentiful and available for our use. Chairs by the pool were terrific with canopies.

Please see my link below.. for the SUNSHINE review.. there I have several pages dedicated to our day in St. Kitts.

Thanks!

Catrin

Has anyone been denied day pass access now that Marriott has an agreement with Resort for a day.com?

Curious when the last person went there with a resort for a day reservation?

I plan on doing this don't know if I should spend the extra $25pp with resort for a day

Thanks

We went four weeks ago... April 20th. No issues at all.

We were there less thank a week ago and enjoyed a fantastic day! Very few people, nice food & drinks at decent prices.Didn't look dirty at all. There are sea urchins but if one wears water shoes should be fine. Some swam without them. Cab driver wanted to take us (3 couples) to another beach but we were adamant about going here, so glad we did! Will return. Happy cruising!

How much beach is left? Don't get us wrong, we have been regular customers at this bar/beach for more then 10 years. The beach situation was so bleak at our last visit that the staff (and owner) of the bar were really depressed...and somewhat annoyed at the government for not rebuilding the beach (possible with dredging). We will be back in December...and will likely return to Shipwreck...at least for lunch.

Hank

No enough for s crowd but certainly was great for the 20 some folks there the day we were there! Not wide at all, but then one doesn't have to walk far to get to water! Happy cruising!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...