mobility scooter question

jerseyaxn

You need to make sure your cruise line works with this company....does not sound familiar.....most people rent through the 2 known companies and the scooter is delivered to your cabin and you leave it there at the end of your cruise.....in that case you would be taken on and off the ship by wheelchair which works very well....if you are planning to rent for before and after the cruise and will bring the scooter on yourself it won't matter where you rent it....

Has anybody used nice vacations 4 u for a mobility scooter on a cruise from port everglades?If you have please tell me what you think.

If you're wanting the scooter to be delivered to and picked from the ship you must rent through the cruiseline's pre-approved vendor. No other mobility scooter rental companies can board the ship or for that matter even enter the port area.

Based on the cruises listed in your signature the only vendors that Princess Cruises allows are: http://www.carevacations.com and http://www.specialneedsatsea.

This company can and does it just wondered if any one used them

Is that what the company is telling you or do you actually have first hand knowledge of this company actually being allowed to board any Princess ship ?

Being that both Princess' Access Dept. states that only CareVacations and SpecialNeedsatSea are approved to board it's ships than it recommend that you contact the Cruiseline directly to confirm that the company you're wanting to use is actually approved to come on board its ship. Also Princess' website also stated the same.

The company your wanting information on may actually be subcontracting to CareVacations and or SpecialNeedsatSea since these are the only 2 scooter rental companies that Princess allows to board it's ships. There are other local rental companies that subcontract to the Cruiseline's pre-approved vendors but never actually board the ship themselves.

After reviewing Nicevaction4u website site it appears base on much of the information provided that it's part of the Affiliate Program with Scootaround. Though it the website does not specifically state this much of the information regarding is oddly the same as Scooteraround point/loyalty program. Scooteraround bought out CareVacations back in 2015. Therefore it appears than the though you'll be renting from NiceVacations it will actually be brought on board and picked up by CareVacations.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Thank you for looking into it for me .I still would like to here from anyone who have used nice vacations 4u

When comparing price it's important to make certain you are comparing identical equipment. For example Nice website states that its portable rental is Pride Elite Traveler which is the bare bones basic model in the Elite Series. Carevacations uses only the Pride GoGo Elite Traveler HD Plus and has been recently upgrading to the Pride GoGo Sport both of which have features that the Pride GoGo Elite Traveler does not have . Such as more leg room on the plateform, a Delta Tiller for easier handling , better clearance which translate to a higher rental fee because these units cost more than the Pride GoGo Elite Traveler to begin with.

Also it's important to ask all vendors for a complete cost breakdown as CareVacations and SpecialNeedsatSeas often quote the price with insurance included . Insurance is not mandatory and you can refuse it. However I suggest you check your credit card benefits as it may include insurance on rentals of any kind. Also some homeowner insurancace policies also cover durable equipment.

Edited by xxoocruiser

In nice vacation for Thier heavy duty they talked about model 10 .care said they would nice vacations quote .I will check my homeowners policy to see lol it just came today the new one.

Than it's the Pride Victory 10 which is the same model that Carevactions also uses as it's rental for full size scooters.

Since Carevacations will match Nice's quote than I'd recommend you go with CareVacations being that they are one of the preferred cruiseline rental companies used by CC members.

Edited by xxoocruiser

I used Scootaround back in 2013 before they purchased Care Vacations. They were considerably cheaper for the exact same scooter. I rented one for 20 days as I was on a back to back. It was delivered by Care Vacation to my room and picked it up after our cruise was over.

You are not limited to the two companies noted above, but it is important to insure that they will work with one of the two companies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Sonoma Fans -

Were you in a standard size room or HA? Just wondering if there was any issue getting the Victory 10 in a standard room. Also, how was the battery life on it? Thank you.

I own a Pride Victory 10 and it fit thru a regular cabin door on Carnival. I did have to take the arm rests off though. I don't like them on it anyway. It was a very tight fit thru the door and I had to hit it just right but it made it thru. You have to meneuver a little in the hallway first to get a straight run at the doorway. I'd like a HA room for the bathroom conveniences. We usually get a suite and theres plenty room for the scooter but the shower situation is bad. They have a tub that pretty high and hard to get into. Their shower seat does NOT fit in a tub.