Celebrity solstice wine/cocktail list

taffy62

I've just booked a cruise on this beautiful ship.

I got the classic drink package and $300 obc included and Iam unsure whether it worth upgrading to premium package and if I can use the obc for this.

Hubby happy to drink corona so would most prib stick to classic package but I like sav blanc and cocktails and can't see how many different ones I would be able to choose from.

Would anyone have a price list available please.

Sent from my XT1068 using Forums mobile app

I've just booked a cruise on this beautiful ship.

I got the classic drink package and $300 obc included and Iam unsure whether it worth upgrading to premium package and if I can use the obc for this.

Hubby happy to drink corona so would most prib stick to classic package but I like sav blanc and cocktails and can't see how many different ones I would be able to choose from.

Would anyone have a price list available please.

Classic drinks package

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w44/peteraney/IMG_20150716_092014532_zpsxof3jcct.jpg

http://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=374504&d=1453689229

Edited by tassie cruiser

Keep in mind, that sailing out of Aus, the price lists will alter to what is shown on the celebrity site to include the grats, so eg..... Classic package out of Aus::

All specialty coffees and bottled water (cruise brand water)

Beers - $7-50

Spirits/cocktails - $9-50

Wine - $11-00

So really the only things not included are the specialty martinis they are only inc in the premium package. As others who have cruised and had the classic package, they had the special martinis but in a smaller glass. Or if you like the more expensive wines, then that's more limited as well,

cocktails, beers, spirits, all good.

Will find a more extensive list of drinks for you (from Aus sailings) and post.

Thank you for clearing that up :)

I was thinking there not much choice but now you said the prices are higher it should be OK

Yes, I was a little confused to begin with as its not very clear (or actually non existent on their web site) I was thinking, wow, there isn't a lot of variety included in the classic package. The price limits they show are for the US sailings,

UK sailings and AUS the grats are added on therefore making the allowance a bit higher, as if we purchase the package then 18% is added on to the cost of the package, where as in US it isn't. If all that makes sense. Since Solstice has been cruising from Aus for a while now, there are many threads explaining this from many Aus cruisers, which is good as on the main celebrity page is majority US cruisers, therefore things differ,

Don't even mention removing the tips on the main celebrity site, you will get lynched :) again, they are quite different to Australians in their tipping views.

Classic Package includes everything except for the normal size martinis, any drinks from The World Bar and the top shelf spirits, and sparkling water. There is a restriction on the wines you purchase, but all the wines are good in the Package including Prosecco, All the bartenders will advise you if the drink is not in the Classic Package. All coffees are included including the speciality ones (Irish coffees etc). You do not pay any gratuities on the drinks you purchase as it is already included in the Package, whether you are sailing in Australia or anywhere else in the world. Enjoy the Solstice she is a beautiful ship and we are back on her in April.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Upgrading from a free classic to a premium at $11 per day I have found to be an interesting anathema. If one wants to participate in the Martini bar and consume anything but a couple of very basic martinis then a premium package upgrade is warranted. If one is prepared to drink beer and brands like Heineken, Corona are acceptable then there is no need. Most Aussie branded beers are on the Classic package. There are quality white and Red wines of nearly every style available on the Classic package. Some brands are restricted to premium package but that appears to change from ship to ship and cruise to cruise depending upon stock levels. If one wants a cocktail - if the spirits can be changed from a "premium" spirit to a "Classic" spirit then the cocktail is available on the Classic package. Unless one drinks a premium spirit straight then I question the need for a premium package. An expensive spirit watered with fruit juice, and soda tastes just like a classic spirit watered done with fruit juice and soda.

All coffees in Café Bacio are available on both packages. The significant difference between the two packages apart from the daily charge is that if one chooses a drink above the package value ceiling the Classic persons pays the full cost of the drink the Premium the difference in cost. With some wines in the cellar this can be a considerable difference and again an upgrade is justified.

Me I am just a peasant who thinks one Pina Colada or Tequila sunrise tastes just like another irrespective the quality of the spirit.

Before making a commitment try out the Classic package on board if it works great if not upgrade and one can use OBC for this

Thank you very much for that in depth reply

I think I'm a classic kind of gal :)

My friend may be a bit more up market! but I presume if her or her hubby wants the premium drink it will go on their card as even if we buy in rounds we would have to show all 4 cards hey just have to make sure the right drink goes on the right card :)