Falmouth Pay It Forward Volunteer RCCL Excursion

kendevjay

Hi all - My family will be sailing on Harmony of the Seas in August. I was considering the Pay It Forward Volunteerism excursion offered through RCCL in Falmouth, Jamica. It is described on RCCL website as an opportunity to help plant trees and veggies at the Open Heart homeless shelter. In addition participants get to help sort clothing and supplies, read to children, help serve a meal, etc.

I'm wondering if anyone has done this excursion and can give some feedback on the experience. Did it feel safe? Are you transported to and from by RCCL staff? I'm thinking this would be something me and my very BEAUTIFUL 13 year old daughter could do together. However, I need to make sure that we would be safe and comfortable.

Thoughts????

My kids and I are planning to sail on Carnival's Breeze in September 2017. There is a similar excursion in Montego Bay called " Community Giving Tour" Giving Back With Purpose". It consits of a tour of the city and a visit to a rual school and a local lunch. You can bring along items for the children. I am planning to book this excursion; I think it will be a wonderful experience.

I am currenly making a list of items to bring for the children. Coloring books crayons, pencils, playdough, puzzles, and t-shirts with the name of our hometown on them. With the exception of the T-Shirts most of the items I listed can be purchased at the local Dollar Tree. I am very excited to give back to the local community!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...