Blue Lagoon from airport

Bella O

Our flight from the U.S. Lands at 6:15 am. It seems to make the most sense to go to the BL directly from the airport, get there when it opens at 8/8:30, and then travel from there into Reykjavik. The only thing is I wasn't planning on renting a car - we are only in Iceland a couple of nights before a cruise, and planning on a guided tour on the next day. I know I can get transfers from the airport, but can I get a transfer with one way from airport to BL and the return BL to Reykjavik? And if so, is there storage for luggage? Should I look into private transfer?

We used Gray Line for a transfer from Reykjavik to the airport with a stop at the Blue Lagoon, and I know they offer the reverse itinerary as well. I think you can also book transfers through a different operator directly through the Blue Lagoon when you purchase your tickets (which you'll want to do before you arrive). Depending on where your hotel is located, you may need a taxi from the bus terminal in Reykjavik. There is luggage storage at the lagoon, it's located near the bus drop off point.

Take a look at grayline.is and bluelagoon.com for more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the BL site you'll see a section about How to Get here, which includes the bus schedule from airport to BL and from BL to the city. You do have to book the BL well in advance to get the time slot you want, it usually sells out completely.

Thanks for the responses, very helpful in pointing me in the right direction!

In case anyone is curious, it must be very popular to go first thing in the am. The 8 am and 9 am slots are among the most expensive entry fees of the day. I guess it's all those early airport arrivals:)