Manhattan Port to LGA for mobility challenged

collboy

I have some mobility challenges and find it difficult to cross the road/highway to line up for taxi to LGA. Can I order a taxi, limo, Uber to pick me up where it is easier to get to pick-up place with bags in tow?

If you're talking about the midtown west side terminal, the taxi line is immediately outside the terminal - no crossing of streets.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It sounds like I do need to cross the street. Anybody have a suggestion?

No the last two times I went to the 2nd embarkation level and got in a yellow Medallion Taxi that just dropped someone off.

In September a person in a vest, did yell that I was standing in the drop off section only, but the empty taxi that just pulled out of Pier 90 (I was at 88) I just hailed and got in. Did not have any issue before that time.

You do not need to cross the street. I am a life long new Yorker and have dropped off and picked up my inlaws many times from the Breakaway. I have yet to encounter a problem (other than traffic when theres more than one ship in port, even then its not too bad) dropping off or picking up on the 2nd (drop-off) level. and I always see taxis/black cars as well.