NYC pier pick up

e150club

I tried to search for this answer to no avail. I will be dropping off and picking up my DD in the City today and pick up next Sunday. Does everyone need to cross 12th ave. for pick up? I want to give them a spot where to meet me. Thanks.

... I will be dropping off and picking up my DD in the City today and pick up next Sunday. Does everyone need to cross 12th ave. for pick up? I want to give them a spot where to meet me. Thanks.

Not sure if this is too late, but, it's never 100% sure what port security decide to do until the morning of. I would say, most of the time, they prefer & try to direct almost everyone to walk across 12th Avenue at 48th Street ... exception being those with accessible needs/challenged; and, possibly if using porter services.

Dropoffs are always allowed to drive up the ramp but if you are looking at live webcam like me (from the NCL Breakaway) - it's packed and very crowded, with turnaround involving easily 9,000 pax - plenty of taxis, buses/motor coaches and private vehicles - it's rush hour at the pier with just one ship there.

Our favorite /preferred spot is on W. 48th Street facing the East Side/away from the Hudson River, just around the corner after making a turn from 12th Avue ... middle of the block is better on the left side (it's one way) as NYPD are usually out there trying to moving traffic along, it only take a dozen or so "idling & waiting vehicles" to choke up the flow of traffic badly. If you drive south on 12th Avenue from the Henry Hudson Pkwy, this is easy by staying on the left lane & at the traffic light, turn straight onto W. 48th Street.

Thanks for the replies. We dropped them off at level two, no problem with one ship in port. [been there with four in port once never again] I told them to cross 12th ave on debark and i'll pick them up at 48 or 49th streets. DD's boyfriend gave her an Engagement ring under the VZ bridge.

We dropped them off at level two, no problem with one ship in port. [been there with four in port once never again] I told them to cross 12th ave on debark and i'll pick them up at 48 or 49th streets. DD's boyfriend gave her an Engagement ring under the VZ bridge.
Congrats to gaining a future son-in-law, how nice ... to drive them to port & when they return next week, from Long Island. Traffic was very light this morning - did you drive across town via Queens Midtown Tunnel or took a different route like RJK Bridge, last time - our driver took the Cross Bronx from NE Queens & down the Henry Hudson & it was fast, just under 30 minutes & several traffic lights going all the way.

If you get there before they get outside next week, find a place to pull over along 11th Avenue & when they are ready, make a turn down 47th or 49th Street toward 12th Ave - Sunday is typically easy, just one ship again.

Congrats to gaining a future son-in-law, how nice ... to drive them to port & when they return next week, from Long Island. Traffic was very light this morning - did you drive across town via Queens Midtown Tunnel or took a different route like RJK Bridge, last time - our driver took the Cross Bronx from NE Queens & down the Henry Hudson & it was fast, just under 30 minutes & several traffic lights going all the way.

If you get there before they get outside next week, find a place to pull over along 11th Avenue & when they are ready, make a turn down 47th or 49th Street toward 12th Ave - Sunday is typically easy, just one ship again.

Thanks. We took the RFK the last few times then 125th st. to the West side Hwy. when we all go on a cruise we park on level three, For just two pax its not worth the $$$ . My FIL lives in Astoria. Next week we will stop there for Sunday Dinner as we did today He is a Chef. Cell phones make it easy to keep in contact. Unlike years ago.

Thanks. We took the RFK the last few times then 125th st. to the West side Hwy. when we all go on a cruise we park on level three, For just two pax its not worth the $$$ . My FIL lives in Astoria. Next week we will stop there for Sunday Dinner as we did today He is a Chef. Cell phones make it easy to keep in contact. Unlike years ago.

Lately the Midtown Tunnel has had only one tube open on the weekends due to repairs. We have found Waze never steers us wrong. Google maps is pretty good in this regard too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks you for your suggestions. I took 495 QMT,34th st. to 12th. 45 th to 48th was a mess of Taxi's & police cars. I looked up 49th and saw limos,vans and a lot of empty spots on the south side. Went around the block and had a great spot on 49th. DD walked two blocks and off to 125th st over the Tribough and a great meal in Queens. Even tho there were detours due to construction. Sunday morning was smooth sailing.