buying sunscreen/aloe lotion versus bringing

jpe2liot2

We are going on a 7 day cruise out of St. Maarten. I know that there will be stores there that sell sun screen/aloe sun lotion. My question is it overly expensive to where it is worth putting in a checked bag, or is it reasonable to just buy when we get there? We are thinking of just bringing carry ons so we don't have to check a bag, so it would be helpful to know.

Thanks!

If you are just doing carry-on you have no choice: any reasonable size sunscreen or aloe would not be allowed.

If you are checking luggage, it would make sense to buy in advance - price difference would not be all that much, but do you want to spend time looking for it, and perhaps not finding a brand you want? A

If you are only going to need to purchase sunscreen then sure purchase it in St Maarten. If your list increases to include shampoo, conditioner, mousse. Mouthwash, toothpaste, perfume and cologne like we take with us then just pack that stuff together in one checked bag and save the hassle and extra cost of buying it on the island.

Has anyone bought sunscreen/aloe lotion/bug spray on the island? We can mostly use the other products (shampoo, conditioner, body wash) the cruise gives us, so these are really the only things we need to bring in larger amounts. I'm curious if someone has done this and if there is a simple store to buy it from close to the main area, and if it is reasonably priced. I just don't want to assume that I can find it easily and then have to buy it on the ship, so was curious if anyone has does this and has advice. We can check one bag if we need to but if not, I don't want to bother.

Thanks!