FLL Alamo Rental and transfer to Port Everglades

Douglas7856

Alamo (along with their sister company National) does indeed have a free shuttle from the rental car facility at FLL to Port Everglades. Last time I looked, they were the only rental company to offer a free shuttle.

Once you return your car, take the elevators to the top floor of the rental car facility, and step outside to see signs for the shuttle. Have your rental contract/receipt handy, as they do check to make sure you were an Alamo/National customer.

When we did it in January of 2016, the line was very long and they only had a couple of shuttle buses running. I suspect it took us at least an hour and a half before we were able to get on the bus. As such, I'd strongly recommend taking an Uber or a taxi, but if you want to do it cheaply and don't mind waiting, it is an option.

The buses look similar to the inter-terminal shuttle buses, however they have a different, busy graphic on the side, and say Alamo & National / Port Everglades on the marquee.

rr2git.jpg

2cylj51.jpg

20tgpjl.jpg

The free shuttle line at FLL is usually long. A cab from FLL to Port Everglades was sixteen dollars plus tip in January 2017,the weekend after the tragic shooting at FLL when five cruisers lost their lives. Many areas of the terminal were closed at FLL, creating longer lines.

Alamo no longer shuttles from FLL to PE changed this spring

At FLL they have the car rental pickup. When you make reservations ask to return the car to the satellite location at Eller and McIntosh there they have shuttles to the port. Its located just outside PE gate.

As far as after cruise I hope someone can chime in as we always hop a cab to go home.

Does anyone know if I can drop off my National car rental at the new Alamo site on Eller Drive before I get to port? If so will there be any additional fees? I was planning on pick up and drop off at FLL and catch that shuttle but now understand that won't happen. I tried calling National at FLL and nobody will answer the phone.

Does anyone know if I can drop off my National car rental at the new Alamo site on Eller Drive before I get to port? If so will there be any additional fees? I was planning on pick up and drop off at FLL and catch that shuttle but now understand that won't happen. I tried calling National at FLL and nobody will answer the phone.

When you get a quote or make a reservation on Alamo's website you should input "Port Everglades" as your drop off location. This is the location right at the port that has the free shuttle to PE.

That being said, my parents had a reservation with Alamo post-cruise this past March. The one-way reservation was actually made with a pick up at FLL. My parents took the Alamo shuttle from the port to the Port Everglades location and they took care of them there -- no need for them to go to FLL!! I"m hoping this is standard because I'm hoping to do this same thing in Nov. (The price was much cheaper for a one-way if I selected a pick up location of FLL instead of Port Everglades).