Marseille Questions... I'm confused

a flygirl

Hi We are in Port in Marseille Aug 22 on the Oceania Sirena. 10 am to 9 pm. I have confirmed that we dock at Mole Leon Gourett MPCT port 4. SO.... That is the the port that seems to be pretty far out. we are 2 couples looking to rent car and DIY to Avignon for the day... We can taxi out of there to a car rental place? I don't want to wait for the free shuttle and it seems like it would nt work for us anyways. Has anyone rented a car form this port? Any suggestions? Are taxi's there to take us to a car rental place??

Thanks for your help!

According to the Port of Marseilles web site my ship Riviera is due at Marseilles on Oct. 27 and we will also be at the far out industrial port. There are 4 other ships in port that day with maybe 10,000 total passengers.

I just want to go into the city on my own and walk around. Will the taxi drivers know there are going to be so many people and be waiting for us? Is there a city bus that has a stop at the cruise ship dock that we can use instead of a taxi?

Since Marseilles has a close in dock, why don't any of the ships use it? On oct. 27 all 5 ships scheduled in are at the far dock. If Marseilles has built a special cruise ship harbor, Fos, why don't they use it?