Nervous, booking Underground tour Monday, HELP!

Motorcycle Gma

i plan to get up middle of night 2-3:00am Monday, July 17 to try to book my August tickets for Colloseum underground tour. I've read some threads here & gone to the page to test. I have only one day to do this in August, Wednesday Aug 30 or I have to come back and try again for Sept 10-11.

What I am not clear on how to purchase is the normal tickets for the Roman Forum/Colloseum. I understand I have to have the underground tickets plus this 2nd set? Do I purchase those anytime or on July 17?

I've also heard about the RomaPass but not sure what it is used for?? Could I use it with my Underground tour tickets??

For the regular admission tickets to the Colosseum, I recommend using the official site here:

http://www.coopculture.it/en/colosseo-e-shop.cfm

You purchase a ticket by date, no particular time has to be specified. Given the crowds in recent years, it's probably better to have them in hand but I don't believe there's any reason you have to purchase the regular admission tickets on July 17.

Roma Pass probably COULD be used with your Underground tour tickets, but it really isn't much of a deal these days. Unless you are planning on visiting a lot of sites/museums and using public transport over the period of validity, you're not going to save any money.

CruiseMom42, so I booked my ticket at 2 am last night on the English side of the website for the underground tour. I think I was successful, however, it asks for your nationality. When I pull down the drop down box I cannot find American, USA, Repulic of USA, nothing!! The only thing remotely that I found was Virgin Islands, USA. There also was no UK or Great Britain. Have you ever seen this issue come up?

If we have to show passports, obviously mine is not from Virgin Islands, USA. Anyone else experience this?

I'm so glad I booked last night. At exactly 2 am, 24 spots for each time slot opened up. This morning when I look at my date, there is only 1 spot left!

I might send an email to the help email listed. Thanks

As the above poster says it is Stati Uniti. You might send them an email to correct it.

(It's an Italian site, so they use Italian language version of country names. When in doubt you can always run something through Google Translate to get the Italian version....)

I'm sure it will work out fine. :)

Well that was a harrowing experience! I too was up at midnight my time to get tickets for an August Underground Colosseum tour. I had 5 browsers going and they all timed out frequently. I too think I was lucky enough to snag the tickets I wanted. We'll see if I get the appropriate confirmation email. At least I printed the confirmation after purchase. I, too, could not find the appropriate nationality. However, when I put in my phone number, nationality auto-populated with Stati Uni. All dates were sold out within 20 minutes.

I'm still not sure what I'm getting for the underground tour. Is it just a skip the line, or do we get an actual tour guide?

Do we have to show ID/passports in the security line??

I learned new words today, Statis Uniti. At 2 am, I didn't think to Google it. Thx for all the help.

CruiseMom, I'm using your other ideas for what to see in Rome from another thread. Really appreciate your help.

Have a good week everyone!

Well that was a harrowing experience! I too was up at midnight my time to get tickets for an August Underground Colosseum tour. I had 5 browsers going and they all timed out frequently. I too think I was lucky enough to snag the tickets I wanted. We'll see if I get the appropriate confirmation email. At least I printed the confirmation after purchase. I, too, could not find the appropriate nationality. However, when I put in my phone number, nationality auto-populated with Stati Uni. All dates were sold out within 20 minutes.

Hey VBMom:

Did you get your ticket confirmation emailed to you? I have received only a payment confirmation, nothing from the actual website yet. I'm getting worried. I keep checking my email and my spam. I emailed them a couple days ago and have heard nothing further other than they processed my payment. Is that all we get?

Thanks

Hey VBMom:

Did you get your ticket confirmation emailed to you? I have received only a payment confirmation, nothing from the actual website yet. I'm getting worried. I keep checking my email and my spam. I emailed them a couple days ago and have heard nothing further other than they processed my payment. Is that all we get?

Thanks

I was also up at 3AM trying to buy these tickets...what a crazy process! You should get both a payment confirmation and a ticket confirmation for your order. I was under the impression I would also get the actual tickets as an attachment, as I did when I purchased the entry/admission tickets to the Colosseum. However, when I e-mailed them they responded and let me know that they do not do the e-mailed print at home tickets for the Underground tour. We will have to pick those up upon arrival with our booking confirmation, but we can skip the line.

My ticket confirmation came from etickets@coopculture.it and just confirms the number of tickets I purchased and the price. It also gives some important notes about visiting such as arriving at least 30 minutes before your reservation for security checks.

What email did you use to send your inquiry?? I sent one a couple days ago & there has been no response. I appreciate your advice. Thx!

I used the same e-mail address I received the confirmation from: etickets@coopculture.it and got a quick response (I e-mailed them late afternoon EST and had a response by the time I woke up the next morning). Did you purchase them from the Coop Culture website?

I used the same e-mail address I received the confirmation from: etickets@coopculture.it and got a quick response (I e-mailed them late afternoon EST and had a response by the time I woke up the next morning). Did you purchase them from the Coop Culture website?

Yes, that's the website I used, the English side. I also sent an email to that same email a couple days ago and I've had no response. Maybe my yahoo is blocking it. I'll try gmail next. Or, I will call them on Monday! Getting tired of waiting & looking & hoping. Thanks for your help! Have a good weekend.

Yes, that's the website I used, the English side. I also sent an email to that same email a couple days ago and I've had no response. Maybe my yahoo is blocking it. I'll try gmail next. Or, I will call them on Monday! Getting tired of waiting & looking & hoping. Thanks for your help! Have a good weekend.

Yahoo accounts are bad about blocking emails from overseas addresses (and they do not even show up in your spam folder). I've had this happen to me repeatedly. I now use my gmail account for most all international email. Hopefully you will have better luck with that.

Yahoo accounts are bad about blocking emails from overseas addresses (and they do not even show up in your spam folder). I've had this happen to me repeatedly. I now use my gmail account for most all international email. Hopefully you will have better luck with that.

Yes, I also used my gmail account and had no problems receiving their response.

Hey VBMom:

Thanks

I have not received my ticket yet and actually forgot that I needed to get one. Please let me know what they say to you when they write back.

I, too, just emailed etickets@coopculture.it with my receipt attached to see where my tickets are. I will let everyone know the results of the email.

So you've received the payment confirmation but no ticket confirmation, correct? They explained to me that the actual tickets for the Underground tour are not e-mailed. However, you should have received a ticket confirmation e-mail (in addition to an e-mail that says your payment was accepted) that you will need to print off and take to the ticket office to pick up your tickets at the Colosseum. The subject line of my email was: Conferma ordine (Then my confirmation number). They advised you arrive 30 minutes before your tour time.

I received a response from my email with my print-at-home tickets attached. I think I just bring the confirmation for the underground tour to the Colosseum on the day of my tour for those tickets.

I received a response from my email with my print-at-home tickets attached. I think I just bring the confirmation for the underground tour to the Colosseum on the day of my tour for those tickets.

Yes, that's my understanding as well! I was able to print the general admission Colosseum tickets at home but have to bring the printed confirmation for the Underground tour to swap out for those tickets when we arrive (since it's two separate tickets). It does seem like an unnecessarily complex process they have. Hope you guys enjoy the tour! We will be there in two weeks and are so excited!

I have not received my ticket yet and actually forgot that I needed to get one. Please let me know what they say to you when they write back.

I finally got my ticket after writing 3 emails to them! I did the third email from my Gmail account and used both English and Italian. Gmail has a good translation capability.

So, I suspect like CruiseMom said it is yahoo that was blocking the emails. I have had good luck with emails from other Italian and Greek companies, so who knows.

Be specific, tell them when you purchased your ticket, (in my case July 18) for 30August 2017 date, time of reservation and your name. If you have the payment receipt like I did, I forwarded it also.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from our cruise yesterday so I wanted to let you all know how the Underground tour went - it was amazing! One of the highlights of the trip for my family (which makes the waking up at 3AM thing worth it). Bring your print-at-home entry tickets and the confirmation for your Underground tour ticket purchase that you should have received via e-mail. Go to the main ticket entry line at the Colosseum. We initially tried to pick up our Underground tickets at the Roman Forum and they told us you can't do that. However, when we got to the Colosseum entry, we got to skip the line and go into a separate queue straight to the ticket booth (ours was Booth 8). I showed them my entry tickets and my confirmation for the Underground tour. They then gave me a receipt and 5 stickers (one for each person in my group) for the Undergound tour. From there, they direct you to the meeting place where you will meet your guide. It was super easy! I would arrive 20-30 minutes early to allow time for security and to pick up your Underground tickets. The tour lasted just over an hour. It was very hot but parts of the tour are shaded and we had a nice breeze. There are also very steep stairs, so just a heads up on that. Enjoy!