Guavaberry Emporium?

How close is the Guavaberry Emporium from the port in St. Maarten. I recently read about it and google maps is showing a 10 minute walk... but is it like right there essentially in the port or a little hard to find? Was thinking of checking it out before getting back on board after my excursion.

There is one on the pier, but the main one is in downtown Philipsburg. I have spent lots of money in there over the years. Last time they actually gave me a free t-shirt because we spent over a $100 and we brought multiple people in who also spent money. The Rum is very good and the spices and BBQ sauce and good also.

There is one on the pier, but the main one is in downtown Philipsburg. I have spent lots of money in there over the years. Last time they actually gave me a free t-shirt because we spent over a $100 and we brought multiple people in who also spent money. The Rum is very good and the spices and BBQ sauce and good also.

Cool, I'll probably just go to the location at the port then! I want to get at least 1 kind of rum (maybe 2), all the flavors sound so interesting online, have to get the mango one for sure, maybe the lime, and I do want the BBQ sauce and the jerk spice. I can never try jerk chicken or whatever in the Caribbean because I'm a vegetarian, so I was excited when I saw the jerk seasoning so I could flavor my tofu with it and finally see what the big deal about it is, lol...

Cool, I'll probably just go to the location at the port then! I want to get at least 1 kind of rum (maybe 2), all the flavors sound so interesting online, have to get the mango one for sure, maybe the lime, and I do want the BBQ sauce and the jerk spice. I can never try jerk chicken or whatever in the Caribbean because I'm a vegetarian, so I was excited when I saw the jerk seasoning so I could flavor my tofu with it and finally see what the big deal about it is, lol...

We really like the jerk seasoning. We usually get multiple bottles of it and multiple of the BBQ so they last us at least a year or longer until we can get back there. The guavaberry rum is really good. Get a Guavaberry colada on the beach they are fantastic.

I agree with you. The Rum is real good. Absolutely love it.

Upon arrive in SXM, we usually purchase a couple bottles of their guavaberry rum from the Emporium in the heart of Phillipsburg. We're also fans of their papaya BBQ sauce. They'll reliably arrange for your order to be delivered to the ship while you can continue on with your day without items in tow.

• 3 weeks later...

I would say 10 minutes is about right if you keep a good pace. I bought some guavaberry rum myself - but I'd recommend browsing around the other downtown shops for a better deal. I got my bottle for $20 cash from one (as well as Sheridan's coffee liqueur for $18 from another place!)

Yes, there is a smaller Guavaberry bar/store at the pier, but the regular store is easily accessed via the water taxi. If you're headed into town, you can't (and shouldn't) miss it. I have a friend going there next month and I have already requested she bring me back a bottle of the liqueur. Seasonings are really good too. And I fully agree -- be sure to get a guavaberry colada with souvenir cup. I hate to say how many of those things I still have around the house. :D

• 1 month later...

Are there any places to purchase a shot of the guavaberry rum/liqueurs? Or is it only sold in bottles for purchase. Read online that they have different flavors (or at least one company does) Would love to try a couple of them somewhere and decide which I'd like to get a bottle of.