Dreams Bad reviews

I have just read the latest review for the Dream,It was described as a RUSTBUCKET,and it sounded horrendous,I am going on the Dream in Nov for my hubbys birthday so i am really worrying about the state of the ship,Please if anyone as been onboard recently give me some positives,Also are the cabins and windows really that bad,,,I thought it had been refitted recently and all the cabins on deck 6 had been refurbished, Please give some feedback ,thankyou

We have been on the Dream twice now and are set to go again on 23 August for 2 weeks. We have also been on American and Italian ships but always come back to the Dream. The food is excellent and the crew friendly and it was always spotlessly clean. I think some of the adverse replies obviously are used to 5/6 star which The Dream certainly isn't but don't be put off - all those good reviews outweigh the bad and we certainly haven't encountered ANY of the prblems suggested by that review - have a great time - I'm sure you will!:)

Edited by gingerchris01

We have sailed on the Dream twice and are going on her again in November.

We would not keep returning if she was anything like the review suggests!

Palatial no, a wonderful holiday definitely yes.

What date are you going in November?

We have been on the Dream twice now and are set to go again on 23 August for 2 weeks. We have also been on American and Italian ships but always come back to the Dream. The food is excellent and the crew friendly and it was always spotlessly clean. I think some of the adverse replies obviously are used to 5/6 star which The Dream certainly isn't but don't be put off - all those good reviews outweigh the bad and we certainly haven't encountered ANY of the prblems suggested by that review - have a great time - I'm sure you will!:)

Thanks for that feel better now

We have sailed on the Dream twice and are going on her again in November.

We would not keep returning if she was anything like the review suggests!

Palatial no, a wonderful holiday definitely yes.

What date are you going in November?

We are going on 6th nov,thanks

We have been on Dream twice and are also returning. Done 2 P&O and 1 NCL, this will be our 11th with Thomson so that must tell you something.

Maybe the reviewer has been used to the American shopping malls at sea, which the Dream is certainly not. Think Spanish 4 star hotel with great staff, fantastic entertainment and that's about the standard of the Dream.

Never encountered any issues like they have mentioned on our cruises but there has been the occasional report of similar incidents on here over the years. These things can happen on any ship.

We had the shower knob come off in our hand once and the shower was stuck on, after a phone call to reception the problem was fixed within 10 minutes.

When the staff serve at the buffet they give small portions as not everyone likes a plateful, if you want more you only have to ask.

We have been on The Dream twice and we love her! She is certainly not a rust bucket more like a grand old lady! We thoroughly enjoyed both our cruises on her and had nothing to complain about. I think some people love to complain and may hope for some compensation. We are not going on her this year but our friends did in May and they said it was the best yet! You can look forward to a lovely old ship, good food, good entertainment and really great staff. As for dirty cabins - REALLY???

All-afloaty :)

Thanks everyone for your positive comments,now just got to book my cabin will try for deck 6 -6103 to 6122 look like they are a safe bet,thanks again all

Have stayed in 6122 both times on The Dream - had no complaints ;)

All-afloaty :)

Always go Midships....

Joe, we are due on Dream in September, when I booked I asked for mid ship, the agent said that all of the outside plus cabins are situated there, so it wasn't necessary to pay extra and choose a cabin number.

Do you think this is correct? or should i be looking at booking a particular cabin?

I have just read the latest review for the Dream,It was described as a RUSTBUCKET,and it sounded horrendous,I am going on the Dream in Nov for my hubbys birthday so i am really worrying about the state of the ship,Please if anyone as been onboard recently give me some positives,Also are the cabins and windows really that bad,,,I thought it had been refitted recently and all the cabins on deck 6 had been refurbished, Please give some feedback ,thankyou

If Dream is a rustbucket so is P&O Oceana. there was constant sound of paint and rust being chipped off on port days and the painters were much in evidence. Plus there were 3 seperate leaks in the corridor ceiling near my cabin. ;)

Joe, we are due on Dream in September, when I booked I asked for mid ship, the agent said that all of the outside plus cabins are situated there, so it wasn't necessary to pay extra and choose a cabin number.

Do you think this is correct? or should i be looking at booking a particular cabin?

They are "sort of" right, if you look at the deck plans the purple and teal coloured cabins are the plus ones, they are mainly midships but extend quite a way forward and aft.

There is a section of 14 plus cabins on each side that has a larger window, this is from when they extended the ship. Think they are around 6140/41 going forward.

We were on the Dream at the start of June and have booked for the new year We fond the food in the MDR to be good and the service excellent our cabins were always clean as was the rest of the ship Yes it is not as posh as the big liners but I know what prefer the staff that always have smile and always go out of their to help you enjoy your holiday

They are "sort of" right, if you look at the deck plans the purple and teal coloured cabins are the plus ones, they are mainly midships but extend quite a way forward and aft.

There is a section of 14 plus cabins on each side that has a larger window, this is from when they extended the ship. Think they are around 6140/41 going forward.

cheers Joe

I was on the Thomson dream from the 28th June 2014 until sat the 5th July and to read that review I thought I would say something the way I seen it, yes the food was served to you on Saturday and the Sunday (day at sea) this is a precaution for the new intake at Palma I would rather have that than fall ill, on the Monday it was help yourself, and the Jacuzzi was open, yes in mid week a water pipe burst in the lido, the alarm did go off about 2-15 am a call for the crew to deal with it, what did they expect someone to go round chapping doors, this was dealt with and staff and crew were amazing they worked so hard to make things right, you will enjoy it its a great wee ship, there will always be moaning Minnie's where ever you go.

I was on the Thomson dream from the 28th June 2014 until sat the 5th July and to read that review I thought I would say something the way I seen it, yes the food was served to you on Saturday and the Sunday (day at sea) this is a precaution for the new intake at Palma I would rather have that than fall ill, on the Monday it was help yourself, and the Jacuzzi was open, yes in mid week a water pipe burst in the lido, the alarm did go off about 2-15 am a call for the crew to deal with it, what did they expect someone to go round chapping doors, this was dealt with and staff and crew were amazing they worked so hard to make things right, you will enjoy it its a great wee ship, there will always be moaning Minnie's where ever you go.

That is a good idea as the incubation phase of norovirus is 2 days?

I was on the Dream towards the end of may, it was my 1st time on a cruise. Myself and my family loved the holiday, the ship and staff were great. We would go again tomorrow. :) You could be picky and go around and point out a bit of rust here or there and yeah the window frames were a bit tarnished in places but it didnt stop us having an amazing holiday. Its certainly no rust bucket.

The food and the service in the MDR was also fantastic which was were we ate the majority of the time.

As for the plus cabins, we were also advised similar about not pre booking a cabin number. We had an outside+ cabin, 5136 and thought it was perfect, clean spacious and perfect for our week.