Taxi from Castries, St. Lucia to Anse Chastenet beach?

rubberduck521

I'll be cruising next month in S. Caribbean. Ship docks from 8 Am to 5 PM in Castries, St. Lucia. I'd like to go snorkeling with my family at Anse Chastenet Beach. I've read the snorkeling is wonderful here. Will we have time to take taxi (or bus) south to do this & get back in plenty of time to the ship? Other suggestions? Thanks!

I plan on doing the same thing. From what I have read, there is also a water taxi to their beach. They say it is the best way to get there,and you also get to see the Pitons. The road getting there is BAD. You can only go 3-5 miles per hour and the road is sooo bad and bumpy. You can also get a day pass that includes lunch and a couple of drinks, chair , towels and use of most facilities. Hope this helps. Got my info on trip advisor... Have fun!!

I plan on doing the same thing. From what I have read, there is also a water taxi to their beach. They say it is the best way to get there,and you also get to see the Pitons. The road getting there is BAD. You can only go 3-5 miles per hour and the road is sooo bad and bumpy. You can also get a day pass that includes lunch and a couple of drinks, chair , towels and use of most facilities. Hope this helps. Got my info on trip advisor... Have fun!!

We are wanting to do the same thing in April. Do you have a link to the info. I would like to learn more about the water taxi to there. How do you get the day pass??

Thanks

I am also stopping here in March and thats what we want to do also. I heard the water taxi only stops at that beach for an hour or so and then takes you on a harbor tour. Has anyone used a water taxi that let you stay at this beach the whole day? what about the day pass? Also, i read the water taxi is $50 roundtrip. Is that what people have paid recently?

I am also stopping here in March and thats what we want to do also. I heard the water taxi only stops at that beach for an hour or so and then takes you on a harbor tour. Has anyone used a water taxi that let you stay at this beach the whole day? what about the day pass? Also, i read the water taxi is $50 roundtrip. Is that what people have paid recently?

Would LOVE to know where you read the water taxi from Castries to Anse Chastenet and back was only $50! Simply not possible Gov't regulated rates for water taxis from Castries to Soufriere is $240US r/t.

A water taxi from Soufriere to Anse Chastenet will run about $50US r/t - but most definitely not from Castries.

• 4 months later...