Water Taxi - Venice - Hotel to Airport

sailaway5

We are staying at the Bauer hotel post cruise. We will hire a water taxi to take us to the airport (flight time at 6:30 am).... Does the water taxi take us directly to the airport.....? Or do we have to walk for a long ways? Can you request a land taxi once you are dropped off if it is quite some distance from the airport.

Any help or comments will be much appreciated. Also, what time should we be at the airport?

Thank you,

Carol

We are staying at the Bauer hotel post cruise. We will hire a water taxi to take us to the airport (flight time at 6:30 am).... Does the water taxi take us directly to the airport.....? Or do we have to walk for a long ways? Can you request a land taxi once you are dropped off if it is quite some distance from the airport.

Any help or comments will be much appreciated. Also, what time should we be at the airport?

Thank you,

Carol

The WT will take you very near the airport...they drop you off at their dock and then you catch the bus to the airport right there. Easy as can be. I would say you want to be at the AP by 4:30,but maybe someone else has a better relpy for that.Have your hotel make arrangements for the WT...we did and had not one problem. They(the hotel) have their own dock as well.

The water taxi will take you to their pier at Marco Polo Airport, but it will require a short walk to reach the airport proper, 7-10 minutes. There are luggage carts if you need them.

Check with your airline to see what time their ticket counter opens. I don't think anything opens until about 5/5:30am so no point in being too much earlier except to get in line.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/alilaguna-and-water-taxis.htm

I don't remember a bus either. You just walk along the walkway from dock to terminal.

Thank you all for the comments. And thanks, Mapleleaves, for the link!!!

Are there luggage carts available at the pier to use to walk to the airport?

Cheers,

Carol

I don't remember a bus either. You just walk along the walkway from dock to terminal.

Maybe things have changed since we were there a few years ago,but as we left the dock for the water taxi there was a small bus that took us and the luggage right to the front door of the airport. It was a life save re the luggage. If I gave bad info I apologize.

Thank you all for the comments. And thanks, Mapleleaves, for the link!!!

Are there luggage carts available at the pier to use to walk to the airport?

Cheers,

Carol

Well I've only done it twice but I never remember seeing a bus. But yes there are luggage carts available. It's not any farther than walking from a parking garage into a terminal at any large US airport