Ketchikan tendering

Nancyquilts

I've seen a couple places where they tender, in Ketchikan. I suggest you call the visitor center when the season starts for the current information. Last year one tender was a foreign, small cruise ship (never heard of the company) which was down near dock 3.

There are currently 4 docks with maps available http://www.visit-ketchikan.com

Thanks. We were at 4 last year, and it was way too far out with irregular bus service. I was hoping for landing between 2and 3.

I walk past 4 every trip, since I have a friend to visit. :). So I don't find it far at all. It is all flat- a plus in Ketchikan. :) But there is a shuttle bus that does loop runs all day long, leaves from the shelter, next to the marina walkway.

I did see a tender drop off, of a specialty ship last year, go to dock 3.

Thanks all.

Glacier -that's a great site.:D

Budget Queen -at one time I could walk everywhere there. Now needing a walker to even move, I need a way to get close to the Discovery Center, and we waited for the bus for almost half an hour since one went by full. With 5 ships in port, it may be even more crowded. Maybe I'll have to choose my cruises by which one docks at 1 - 3.

Thanks all.

Glacier -that's a great site.:D

Budget Queen -at one time I could walk everywhere there. Now needing a walker to even move, I need a way to get close to the Discovery Center, and we waited for the bus for almost half an hour since one went by full. With 5 ships in port, it may be even more crowded. Maybe I'll have to choose my cruises by which one docks at 1 - 3.

In your case, I would suggest only using dock 1 or 2.

I'm looking for a map that shows where tenders come ashore at Ketchikan. Any experience?

Cruise Line Agencies of Alaska has a great web site that shows the cruise call schedule for each port and includes where each ship is scheduled to dock (or tender). Once you have that info you can go to the various port web sites to view maps that can help you understand distances. The CLA site is also handy for seeing how many ships will be in port on a given day.

Here's a link:

http://claalaska.com