Inexpensive Pier Tours

craftykitty

I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times, but with 72 pages here, it's easier to start over.

Is it possible to pick up an inexpensive island tour at the end of the pier? I've done this in many ports and hoping to do the same in Grand Turk.

You can rent a golf cart for under $100 and tour the island yourself. Go ahead and reserve the golf cart now, so you will secure one because they do sell out. Karib, Wet Money, Nathan's, Max Karts all rent. The island is very small (7 miles x 2 miles or something like that).. You can explore the entire island yourself and still have time for lunch. Stay away from Margaritaville and the port area. Get out and explore and have fun. :)

You can rent a golf cart for under $100 and tour the island yourself. Go ahead and reserve the golf cart now, so you will secure one because they do sell out. Karib, Wet Money, Nathan's, Max Karts all rent. The island is very small (7 miles x 2 miles or something like that).. You can explore the entire island yourself and still have time for lunch. Stay away from Margaritaville and the port area. Get out and explore and have fun. :)

Thanks for the suggestion but I just read the reviews on driving rules and protocol for driving in Grand Turk and as adventurerous as I am, I'll take my chances with someone else doing the driving :D. I have driven in New York City on Monday morning at 9:30 and not gotten flustered, these reviews made me shiver...lol.

Thanks for the suggestion but I just read the reviews on driving rules and protocol for driving in Grand Turk and as adventurerous as I am, I'll take my chances with someone else doing the driving :D. I have driven in New York City on Monday morning at 9:30 and not gotten flustered, these reviews made me shiver...lol.

Seriously, there's not many cars on the roads there at all. The island is very small and golf carts are kinda the norm there. Not sure which reviews you read but there's nothing to it. The only difference in driving a golf cart there and on some back road in the middle of a small city in rural Utah would be you drive on the left. (Assuming you're in a very small city in rural Utah, I've personally never been there. lol)

If memory serves me correctly, the last time we were there last year, from the time we left the cruise terminal where we picked up the golf cart to the light house at the complete opposite end of the island, maybe 10 cars passed me on the "main" (busy) road. Out of those 10, 5 were those big tour vans packed with people.

Seriously, there's not many cars on the roads there at all. The island is very small and golf carts are kinda the norm there. Not sure which reviews you read but there's nothing to it. The only difference in driving a golf cart there and on some back road in the middle of a small city in rural Utah would be you drive on the left. (Assuming you're in a very small city in rural Utah, I've personally never been there. lol)

I've never been to rural Utah either...lol. I'm actually 50 miles east of Toronto, Canada and drove to Toronto on a daily basis for work. I've never been anyplace in the US or Canada that I can not (or did not) drive. I do not drive in Mexico, Belize or the Bahamas (I can't drink enough to build up the courage).

We walked over to the parking lot and negotiated a tour by van for four hours.

That was sufficient time to see the island and to make a few stops.

Keith

Thanks for the info, by any chance do you remember the cost?