Weather...Budapest to Luxembourg

Mickey22

We are on the Amalyra starting in mid June, what kind of weather can we expect? Is it warm enough for shorts or crops and do we need jackets? Or umbrellas? Trying not to overpack so I appreciate your help.

Jane

Since weather changes from year to year, I normally check weather.com or other weather websites for averages from year to year. After that I start checking before we leave... but the longer out forecasts tend towards the averages.

As for your clothing, a lot depends on what you're used to. Living in Texas with mild winters, I may need a jacket when someone from Chicago thinks it's balmy and warm.

That sounds like a great itinerary!

On such a long trip expect the weather to change quite a bit, you will be travelling through different areas of Europe with slightly changing climates. As beeskate has written, a lot depends on what you are used to. But definitely take a light jacket for those windy evenings on the ship or excursions starting early in the morning. On the Rhine and Moselle temperatures can get as high as 30 degrees Celsius at midday, but be as cool as 10 degrees Celsius in the mornings in June. A small umbrella is a good idea, but I have heard of past cruisers here on CC having borrowed an umbrella on board, perhaps your ship will also provide them. You might find this out in the small details within your travel documents.

Enjoy your cruise.

notamermaid