Last minute question about embarkation

My DH and I have just checked into the Intercontinental, and will be embarking on the 7-night Society Islands tomorrow. One thing I did not plan for is what to do with our luggage between check out time (11 am) and embarkation time (3 pm). Can we drop off our luggage with PG staff at the terminal and then go do a little sightseeing? Or will they not take our luggage until 3 pm?

How are you doing your transfers? Are they being provided by PG or were you planning on taking a taxi from the IC to the dock?

I think Emdee assumed that you made private arrangements and if so, her answer is correct (as always :) ). If you do have transfers through PG however, your luggage will be collected from your room and transferred to the ship in a van and you will go separately on a bus.

Hello,

We just went on the 10 day sailing on April 29, 2015 and had visited Moorea 5 nights prior. We had to wait several hours and there is NO BAGGAGE DROP if you are traveling on your own. Many asked if there was a place to leave bags and see the town and they got a NO.

We ended up dragging our luggage to the ferry terminal upstairs for a cold drink

The trip was fabulous so enjoy!!!!

Julie

What time did you arrive at the port?

i have heard there was no problem if you dropped off the bags At 1 pm or so but not ok at 7 am.

I just find it easier leaving it at the IC anyway.

It was at least 2.15 before they announced they had good news and you could drop your luggage and they let us on about 2.45 or 3.

We went to Moorea 5 nights prior and there are limited number of ferries back to Tahiti so we did not have much choice around when we arrived.

As mentioned we made the best of it and just went to the upstairs restaurant in the ferry terminal and had a cold drink. Nice