Question - New perks added to booked cruise

nyfeds

We booked our Azmara cruise for Feb. 2018 some time ago. New perks have since been added to that sailing. We contacted our TA who told us we could avail ourselves of the added perks if we cancelled the booking and made a new booking.

I was under the impression that Azmara honors new perks to an existing reservation without re-booking and penalty ($50 per person to cancel). Perhaps I have been misinformed.

I think it stands to reason that new perks will be added along the way, as we booked so far out. I would appreciate information in regard to adding those perks along the way without re-booking and penalties.

Thanks.

Denise

Edited by nyfeds

It doesn't work like that in the UK. In the US there is a best price guarantee which means you can go back to ask for a reduction if a promotion means the cost of your cruise goes down. That doesn't apply in the UK. I enquired about it when there was a better offer on a cruise I had booked and was told only if I cancelled and rebooked and lost my deposit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We booked our Azmara cruise for Feb. 2018 some time ago. New perks have since been added to that sailing. We contacted our TA who told us we could avail ourselves of the added perks if we cancelled the booking and made a new booking.

I was under the impression that Azmara honors new perks to an existing reservation without re-booking and penalty ($50 per person to cancel). Perhaps I have been misinformed.

I think it stands to reason that new perks will be added along the way, as we booked so far out. I would appreciate information in regard to adding those perks along the way without re-booking and penalties.

Thanks.

Denise

I've seen it go both ways. Why don't you call and ask...1-877-999-9553

I've seen it go both ways. Why don't you call and ask...1-877-999-9553

Thanks, Bonnie. I did call and the gentleman I spoke with appeared clueless as to what the policy is. I shall try calling back again today.

Denise

Edited by nyfeds

We had that exact same experience. We booked at one price, with certain perks. 2 weeks later, new promo came out, and price went down, but we had to cancel and re-book to get the better offer!(our TA absorbed the cancel fees:-))! Good luck, 'cuz I am aware they do it both ways...don't know the criteria tho.

Thanks.

Denise

Hello nyfeds,

I'm told you should be eligible to switch promotions under our Best Price Guarantee (available in North America markets.) You must submit the form.

One caveat might be if you've already switched promotions on this booking? I see under the terms & conditions: "Azamara Club Cruises’ Best Price Guarantee is limited to one (1) Claim Form per cruise booking."

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan/best-price-guarantee

I know I'm interjecting into another's question, and I hope that's acceptable! I want to thank you for the information for us too, Bonnie! We had only made the original booking 2 weeks before the new promo came out, so it wasn't that we had switched once already, so I think we fell into that "..promotional offer not combinable with original..." For future reference, do you know if to be eligible for Best Price Guarantee offer you need to request it upon making your original booking? We did not ask when we originally booked. Thank you.

Hello nyfeds,

I'm told you should be eligible to switch promotions under our Best Price Guarantee (available in North America markets.) You must submit the form.

One caveat might be if you've already switched promotions on this booking? I see under the terms & conditions: "Azamara Club Cruises’ Best Price Guarantee is limited to one (1) Claim Form per cruise booking."

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan/best-price-guarantee

Thanks for your clarification on The Best Price Guarantee, Bonnie.

Actually, we just canceled the original booking with our TA, re-booked and received the new promotion. Now we have a new booking, so am I to assume that if there are additional perks or price reductions, we can file that claim form once for this new booking?

In addition, our TA ensured that they will incur the cancellation fee, which we greatly appreciated.

I appreciate your information. I did try calling Azmara twice today and both times, the guy who was of little help to me yesterday, answered both calls. :(

Denise

We had a similar situation for our 10/26 trip on Quest. We has originally booked a Club Veranda V3 but decided to upgrade to a Club Continental Suite as the first cabin's layout was so small and would not accommodate my DH's scooter. Unfortunately by the time I discovered this -- the HC cabins were sold. I was charged the $ 25 pp cancellation fee but my TA called Azamara and it was "waived" as I was paying considerably more with my upgrade. Don't know if my TA put pressure on or not but I appreciated the gesture.:)

You certainly have nothing to lose by calling or having your TA look into this.

We did get a new booking #.