Wales

LHT28

Great. I suppose it depends how hectic you want your day to be. Rhosneigr is really tiny, so when I say there are shops I mean 1 arty, pretty home stuff shop, a Fat Face ( clothes shop, not sure you have in US), a fish and chip shop, an ice cream place, a newsagent/general store.... It's little. You certainly won't be shopping till you drop! The beach it fab, from that beach you can walk left (if the tide is out) all the way to Cable Bay and the ancient Neolithic burial chamber Barclodias Y Gawres (translates apron of the giantess) which is fascinating, though now sure you can get right in anymore. Don't go to Llanfairporthgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantairsiliogogogoch, it's ugly and boring and there is nothing if note there. What do you fancy doing. I'll advise you as best I can accordingly....[emoji5]️

I appreciate all the advise. I have found that I can rent a car for a very reasonable price. We will take the advice and go to the beach and the shopping area. We have the whole day, so any other scenic routes you suggest that wouldn't be too long of a drive.

:)

Hi, I would very much appreciate it if you could share the car rental company with us. Where will you pick it up?

https://www.europcar.com/location/united-kingdom/holyhead/holyhead-port-meet-greet

It appears to be close to the port and reasonable prices.

Thank you. I had a look and so far they only offer cars with manual transmission. I don't mind driving on the left but do want automatic transmission. Will email them and see what is possible.

Tacotam, if you go to the beach at Rhosneigr I would recommend The Oyster Catcher for lunch -http://www.oystercatcheranglesey.co.uk/index.shtml you can drive there or walk if the tide is out. I'm thinking of other things you might like to visit. I'll post a list when I have compiled it!

Thank you. I had a look and so far they only offer cars with manual transmission. I don't mind driving on the left but do want automatic transmission. Will email them and see what is possible.

We have booked an Automatic transmission car through Europcar, on Angelsey. If they deliver one with Manual transmission, there will be trouble!

Edited by turnip eater

• 1 month later...

Hi all Anglesey visitors, thought you'd be interested in a very unusual exhibition running on the island throughout this summer? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/uk/wales/11493814/Anthony-Garratts-transforms-the-coast-of-Anglesey.html here is a link, or you could google it, it has been widely publicised in the press. Just an idea. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. [emoji4]

Edited by Ehg