Looking into Solo Cruise a few ?

wmp.dll

hello all,

Not to post a sob story but recently broke up with my long term girlfriend. Went to Las Vegas last week to blow off some steam. Kind of have those post vacation blues and I'd like to get back out to the open seas. I still have two vacation weeks to play with at work this year, and have some flexibility to move them around to suit my cruising style/budget. I also work for an airline so airfare shouldn't be too big an issue for me.

I am in my mid twenties, and have a couple different cruising styles in mind. One part of me wants to do a trip across the Atlantic on the Queen Mary 2, but I'm not sure of the dynamic on the ship. Don't get me wrong, not intending to knock someone up but some people generally around my age category to interact with say for a dinner or two onboard or to go see a show would be appreciated.

Another cruise I have my eye on is the NCL Epic trans Atlantic from Barcelona to Orlando in November. This might conflict with my school schedule a little, but I've always wanted to sail on Epic (I think she looks great, call me blind if you must). I also think the dynamic onboard might be a little closer to my age category.

Alternatively should I just look into a Caribbean cruise? When I search I see some lines wanting big $$$ for solo travellers, which I understand but am wanting to avoid. I know Harmony has solo cabins and I'd love to sail on her to keep earning Crown & Anchor points.

Should I wait to book a solo cruise hoping for a better deal? Has anyone been on NCL Escape in the solo cabins? Experiences with having a few people to dine with or meeting some people by the pool or in the night club?

Might have a few other questions but that's probably it for now.

Good morning, sorry about your break up and my situation is way different from yours but as for pricing, I will say if you

find a cruise that really appeals to you and are happy with the price, then book it. Waiting to see "if there are going to be

lower prices" in my opinion, is just not worth it.

I have been sailing solo for many years and it is now the only way I vacation:D........you said you have always wanted

to sail EPIC? Well, again, in my opinion, if that is one you want to do.....get a price and see if it is within your price point.

If so, book it.

From everything I have read, NCL has lots of solos on their sailings (I have not cruised with them). but they seem to be

very liked by many folks.

Good luck with your search:)

I would highly suggest NCL line, better yet go with their big ships such as Epic, Escape, Breakaway or Gateway. Those ships have the most amount of solos, they are popular because of the studios, studio lounge and solo host/coordinator. The solo host will make reservations for dinner for all those who wish to dine together.

However don't only look at studios, sometimes, especially if you do last minute cruise, guarantee balcony are cheaper then a studio.

My final tip, there is a website called cruiseplum. They do not sell anything there, its only for informational purposes. They will let you know about good deals for solos, it is updated daily. So when you do find a great deal that you like, you can have your travel agent book it or do it yourself. Definitely check daily, that is what I do and that's how I stay in the know.