Princess Hawaii cruises - forward or aft cabins on Ruby?

BearlyRob

I am hoping to book a Princess cruise to Hawaii in March 2016 on the Ruby Princess, and I want a mini-suite, but the only mini-suites left are very far forward (D201 or even further forward) or very far aft (D724).

Can anyone make a recommendation on which cabin location would be preferable? For example, are the very forward cabins going to emphasize the roughness of the seas? Or are the very aft cabins going to be extremely loud? I've read both of those comments on other boards, but I'm hoping there are people who have made this voyage before who could offer some words of wisdom. Thanks!

The front end and the back end will move the same, as the ship must move generally the same amount, front and back.

As to the "loudness" of the aft cabins, I would be asking on the Princess board, as it will be the same noise wherever Ruby Princess is sailing, if it is a problem, not just to Hawaii.

Of course, probably nobody has been in an aft and a forward cabin on the same cruise to compare motion and sound.

• 1 month later...

As to the "loudness" of the aft cabins, I would be asking on the Princess board, as it will be the same noise wherever Ruby Princess is sailing, if it is a problem, not just to Hawaii.

QUOTE]

I believe the OP was referring to engine noise in the aft section, not the location of the cruise. :-) I have sailed to Hawaii in an aft mini suite, and was not bothered by engine noise at all. I also believe that the back moves a bit less than the front, due to the engines/props being down in the water. I love the aft section, booked it again for March! See you on the Ruby March 24! Have you joined our roll call?

Edited by JLDMED