Balcony or inside cabin?

gazzagirl

Hi I hope someone can give me some helpful advice, we are booked on the azamara quest Norwegian fjords and north cape voyage for August 2016. We have a balcony cabin booked, I was looking around on the azamara website and see for July of this year we can take the same cruise for half the cost but it is an inside cabin. We have only been on one cruise azamara journey in a balcony cabin, but was September and a cruise of Italy. We loved our balcony so much on that cruise. So my question is do you think we would enjoy the balcony on the Norway cruise? I'm not sure on weather will it be to cold to really enjoy a balcony? Or will I regret not having one for the scenery? Any advice would be great thank you.

We've always had a balcony on all our cruises and really enjoy it. But I know many people who get an inside and use the difference in price to pay for their excursions, tours, etc. We did an Iceland & Norway cruise on the Eclipse in 2012 and two couples who joined us on several tours had inside cabins and were perfectly happy with them. During the day everyone was out ashore, in the evenings and sea days there were so many places on the ship where they could relax and watch the magnificent scenery. Personally I'd feel claustrophobic in an inside but many others are fine with it, its your call. BTW, July/August should be mostly good weather in Norway, we went mid-July and it was bright and sunny, though we did find snow in the upper elevations.

We just made a North Capae cruise july 2014. We did went on Seabourn Quest, and had an outside cabin. The weather was unusual warm, and due to that we could have chosen an balcony cabin, but i dont think thats its the worth the value!!

Have been on Azamara Quest before in an balcony cabin, and that was from Singaporte to Athen. In such an area with warm weather, its worth to take an balcony.

If booking an inside, i put the TV on the canal with the view from the stern, and let it be on the whole time, then You have a "window" and can follow the weather etc!! Have a nice cruise!!

Azamara Quest is the same style of ship that we have previously travelled on. The inside cabins are fine, but try to get something central. Any rocky seas are much better if on an inside cabin as you do not sway so much.

Half the price is a no brainer for us, as we would much prefer twice as many cruises. Also, that style of ship has lots of public space compared to the number of passengers, so you should have no problem getting a spot on deck or in the observation lounge if you want to - and you will want to in the fjords. I do not know anyone who spends any length of time in their cabin anyway.

We do not travel on the really big ships with sunbeds right up to each other and hoards of people milling round, but that may well leave us thinking we would like a balcony. We have travelled on Ventura once, and felt that travelling on a ship of that size is a vastly inferior experience. Hence we put our money in, what we consder, the quality of ship and go for the smaller ones.

Now that last paragraph will set off a bit of conflict - but each to their own, some people like the larger ships for other reasons, and I respect their choice, it is just not right for us.

Now, if we could afford a good quality ship, as many hols as we want and a balcony as well, then that would be a different matter - as long as there is not a high risk of rough seas.

We have done two cruises in the med so far, always inside cabins. This year we're doing the Fjords and have chosen the balcony since you spent many hours just sailing through beautiful scenery, and it's one of the places you really do enjoy the views, and having a balcony feels quite worth it.

That being said, twice the price is ridiculous. With MSC we paid about 25% more than an inside room if I recall right.

We have done two cruises in the med so far, always inside cabins. This year we're doing the Fjords and have chosen the balcony since you spent many hours just sailing through beautiful scenery, and it's one of the places you really do enjoy the views, and having a balcony feels quite worth it.

That being said, twice the price is ridiculous. With MSC we paid about 25% more than an inside room if I recall right.

Hi we have decided to keep the cruise in 2016 booked with azamara and keeping our balcony cabin. I am going to keep an eye on the cruises for 2016 and if I see a drop in price I will change it at that time. I think we will regret not having our balcony cabin so I think that is important to me. Thank you for all the advice.