Possible to walk to Maho Beach from Simpson Bay Beach?

ms sjsky

My husband and I are avid walkers and since we're planning on spending most of the day on Simpson Bay Beach we are wondering if it's possible to take a walk over to Maho Beach to watch the planes for an hour or so. It doesn't look that far on google maps by going west on Simpson Bay Beach and then cutting through a couple streets to make our way over to Maho but don't know how the neighborhoods and streets are there. Any advice from anybody who has done this or knows the area would be appreciated. We've walked from the cruise ship in Nassau over to Atlantis and back last year, so distance isn't really an issue, just more concerned with safety.

My husband and I are avid walkers and since we're planning on spending most of the day on Simpson Bay Beach we are wondering if it's possible to take a walk over to Maho Beach to watch the planes for an hour or so. It doesn't look that far on google maps by going west on Simpson Bay Beach and then cutting through a couple streets to make our way over to Maho but don't know how the neighborhoods and streets are there. Any advice from anybody who has done this or knows the area would be appreciated. We've walked from the cruise ship in Nassau over to Atlantis and back last year, so distance isn't really an issue, just more concerned with safety.

We did it a couple of years ago. It took about 30 minutes from Karakter on Simpson Bay beach to Sunset Bar and Grill on Maho Beach. You might want to do a search on here because I think that I might have posted about it when we did it and even gave some instructions. I do remember walking to the end of the beach and taking the stairs up to the street. It gets fuzzy from there.:o

Edit-The thread was called: Walking from Simpson Bay Beach to Maho ( hope that helps):)

Edited by Karysa

karysa,

You don't have to walk to and up the steps.

Once you pass BeachSide Villas, you can cut through near the property that used to be Tahoma restaurant over to the street and just walk out (FLAT) to Maho.

gary

karysa,

You don't have to walk to and up the steps.

Once you pass BeachSide Villas, you can cut through near the property that used to be Tahoma restaurant over to the street and just walk out (FLAT) to Maho.

gary

Hi Gary,

Would that shorten the walk? Are you trespassing or is this a walkway? I have never heard of Tahoma restaurant is it accessible via the beach?

Hi Gary,

Would that shorten the walk? Are you trespassing or is this a walkway? I have never heard of Tahoma restaurant is it accessible via the beach?

Sorry Gary I missed the used to be part. Is where the yoga/calming martial arts:o? is practiced right in front of where Tahoma restaurant used to be? If so I can see this shaving a couple of minutes off of the walk over to Maho.

Two additional points.

You asked about safety, and I would have no concerns at all about your walk.

I have to note that karysa walks a lot faster than I do, but since you're 'avid walkers' you could probably keep her pace. It would take me a bit longer than the 30 minutes from karakter to Maho. :)

Enjoy, and hope for great weather.

gary