Pinel Island

Southendweather

Just been talking to my brother-in-law who said when they got off the ship at St Martin they went to the information desk and asked a good place to go for a quiet bech, safe swimming and cna get a drink and meal. So they got a taxi which took them to Cul de Sac, just north of Orient Bay, then took a 1/2 houly boat across to the island of Pinel. A round trip on the boat is $7 each, not sure what the taxi was, but it maybe an idea if you have previously been to this island and already seen the main attractions.

Keith (Southend)

Just been talking to my brother-in-law who said when they got off the ship at St Martin they went to the information desk and asked a good place to go for a quiet bech, safe swimming and cna get a drink and meal. So they got a taxi which took them to Cul de Sac, just north of Orient Bay, then took a 1/2 houly boat across to the island of Pinel. A round trip on the boat is $7 each, not sure what the taxi was, but it maybe an idea if you have previously been to this island and already seen the main attractions.

Keith (Southend)

I think Pinel Island is a great place to spend the day. Personally I would want my own car or be on a tour if I was on a ship.

Panel is nice. Very protected, shallow water. The are a couple of bar/restaurant places there and umbrellas and chairs to rent.

I would urge you to make firm arrangements with your taxi. Ours didn't show at the pickup time we'd set so we had to squeeze in with other folks. There aren't a lot of cabs to be had out there!

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to chime in - we loved Pinel, too!! My husband and I went there in December and thought it was the perfect place for a quiet and beautiful beach day away from loud crowds (but it still has all the amenities you might want like loungers, umbrellas, food, etc.) I wrote about it and added a few pictures in my review of the Valor (link below). Have a great time!

• 3 weeks later...