Thinking of switching from DT to Crowne

BarbaraP

:confused:Thinking of switching from DT to Crowne in San Pedro. We have stayed at DT exclusively for over 7 years but our last stay at DoubleTree was not up to the quality of a Hilton Hotel. The staff was excellent as always but the room was worn and there was mildew in the rooms AC. Has anyone else had problems at DT and what do you think about the Crowne?

:confused:Thinking of switching from DT to Crowne in San Pedro. We have stayed at DT exclusively for over 7 years but our last stay at DoubleTree was not up to the quality of a Hilton Hotel. The staff was excellent as always but the room was worn and there was mildew in the rooms AC. Has anyone else had problems at DT and what do you think about the Crowne?

Hi Barb,

Hope all is well for you and Dale in Arizona. So far our winter hasn't been bad, keeping fingers crossed for a mild winter.

We are staying at the Crowne next week, it's our 3rd time. It's a great place to stay because it has everything close by the hotel. We stayed once at DT and it is a lovely location, but too far from restaurants, etc. it was nice that they drove us to Acapulco for dinner, but I like the convenience of the location of the Crowne. Of course the plus is it's always easy to get on Priceline for less than 1/2 the standard rate.

Decided to snorkel with whale sharks in La Paz ... Wish me luck!

Debbie

• 1 month later...
Hi Barb,

Hope all is well for you and Dale in Arizona. So far our winter hasn't been bad, keeping fingers crossed for a mild winter.

We are staying at the Crowne next week, it's our 3rd time. It's a great place to stay because it has everything close by the hotel. We stayed once at DT and it is a lovely location, but too far from restaurants, etc. it was nice that they drove us to Acapulco for dinner, but I like the convenience of the location of the Crowne. Of course the plus is it's always easy to get on Priceline for less than 1/2 the standard rate.

Decided to snorkel with whale sharks in La Paz ... Wish me luck!

Debbie

Was there activities to do around the Crowne? We are in at noon the day before our cruise so we are looking for things to do within walking distance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.