Ships Excursion?

GranysT

Has anyone done the Top Ten Best Grand Turk, offered by the ship?

We will be in Grand Turk end of Sept, off the Magic. Hubby and I are both in our 70's and can no longer do much walking. Looking for a tour that would show us some of the island, but mostly be riding. Would Top Ten do that for us? Thanks

We don't typically do ship excursions, so not sure what Carnival is calling Top 10. Ex beach/snorkeling, not even sure there are 10 things to see. May I suggest, the 2 of you simply head to the taxi stand and hire a taxi driver to give you an island tour. Most drivers are extremely proud of their little piece of salt and sand and will give you a better tour than some bus. And you'll probably save $$.

Sent from my Acer Chromebook R11 (CB5-132T / C738T) using Forums mobile app

You could always get a golf cart and ride around the island yourself at your own leisure and see everything. Grand Turk is one of our favorite ports.

Also when you go, PLEASE PLEASE take some books. There is no fire department on the island so anything that burns, is a loss. Their library burned down earlier this year and was a complete loss. We took some books last week to the new library and when I went in to drop them off, their new library had MAYBE 100 books there. They were on a table spread out. They could use some more. You can drop them off at booth #8 at the terminal if you don't go into town.

Also wondering what kind of books they need. Hard Cover, Paperbacks, fiction novels, what?

The Library was built in the late 1880s so it had a lot of books, articles, research papers, memorabilia gathered over 120+ years. I'd say a lot of that is irreplaceable unless, you're a book collector with an extensive Victorian/ early 20th Century collection. And while they'll smile and thank you, I'd guess the last thing they need is another Nora Roberts or Mike Connelly paperback. So if you have any good quality Turks Caicos history, geography books, or biographies of famous people from there, geared toward adults, children or teens. They might be a better gift. somerset Beach Resort in Grace Bay often sponsors writers retreats so perhaps there are some books that Providenciales can send to Grand Turk.