Wind Spirit Day in Tahaa

GEM314

Can anyone tell us what happens on the Wind Spirit day in Tahaa?

I think I've read that Windstar rents a motu for the day. Is the beach barbeque for lunch or dinner?

We are trying to figure out if we should schedule an excursion for that day or if we should wait until the day in Raiatea.

Thanks!

Hi, Wind Spirit rents the most glorious motu for the day. Great snorkeling, great swimming, all the water toys are there, plenty of shade, lovely barbecue for lunch. I was one of the first on the motu and one of the last to leave, it was simply glorious. They had coconuts that they opened, the juice from the coconut with a nice splash of rum and ice in the coconut shell made for a great drink. After the barbecue in mid afternoon the ship sailed along the lagoon, spectacular scenery and an amazing sunset over Bora Bora in the distance . This was a great and generous cruise, lots of activities. Have a wonderful time. Susanne

Absolutely agree with Susanne. We were also on the same cruise and the day on the motu was wonderful. The ship set up tables and chairs, loungers, bar, massages by the spa, the cook tent (huge) and brought all the water toys. The motu had enough shade and sun to keep everyone happy. It is a “short” port day and some that had scheduled a ship’s excursion were able to cancel to take advantage of the ship sponsored motu day. Have a great time!

Absolutely agree with Susanne. We were also on the same cruise and the day on the motu was wonderful. The ship set up tables and chairs, loungers, bar, massages by the spa, the cook tent (huge) and brought all the water toys. The motu had enough shade and sun to keep everyone happy. It is a “short” port day and some that had scheduled a ship’s excursion were able to cancel to take advantage of the ship sponsored motu day. Have a great time!

With our upcoming cruise nearing we have been going over all the details regarding this long awaited Tahiti cruise. Because of the newness of this itinerary I have been following cc for the recent reviews and posts. I had read about the Tahaa ship sponsored motu day that you on the 1st cruise enjoyed along with Bora Bora Celebration Festival which is also ship sponsored. My problem is that no where in any of Windspirit online information can I find the mention of the motu sponsored day at Tahaa. Could it be possible that this might only had been offered for Windstar's first returning cruise to Tahiti? We certainly don't want to miss this special event so if anyone has the answer we'd love to hear from you.

Shirley

I think the day on the motu in Tahaa is a regularly scheduled event because that us the lunch barbecue. It comes after Moorea. The fire dancing and Tahitian Fest is dinner on a motu near Bora Bora. Two different events. People just wrote on the other post with my review they also loved the motu lunch barbecue day. I think it is standard. For your sake I hope it is for it was such a terrific day. Have fun. Susanne

I think the day on the motu in Tahaa is a regularly scheduled event because that us the lunch barbecue. It comes after Moorea. The fire dancing and Tahitian Fest is dinner on a motu near Bora Bora. Two different events. People just wrote on the other post with my review they also loved the motu lunch barbecue day. I think it is standard. For your sake I hope it is for it was such a terrific day. Have fun. Susanne

Thanks Susanne I certainly hope it's a part of our itinerary as it sounds like so much fun.

I just received this email from a friend that will be cruising Tahiti in August.

I called Windstar and they said the tahaa motu day was only for the inaugural cruise. I hear there were lots of freebies on that one.

I just received this email from a friend that will be cruising Tahiti in August.

I called Windstar and they said the tahaa motu day was only for the inaugural cruise. I hear there were lots of freebies on that one.

That is too bad! It was a very enjoyable day with the activities (swim, snorkle, water toys) and the food was great.

The Bora Bora dinner event on the motu was quite a different experience in my opinion. The entertainment was wonderful and the company was as well. The food was less than desired. We heard many people ordered from room service after the event. The officers did ask lots of guests their thoughts about the event and will or have made some changes to the food. The event itself was well planned.

The deck BBQ was fabulous. The food and entertainment were wonderful.

This was our first Windstar cruise and thought everything was done well.

So sorry that is not a regular event, it was a highlight. I do not understand that at all. Not great PR for Windstar, I wrote about it on my review with CC. Still the cruise was wonderful. Susanne

That is odd because I also called them and finally was told that the motu picnic would be on our August cruise. I do think they have a problem with not knowing the details on this new itinerary. I may call again and see.

Hi, After writing yesterday about my disappointment about the motu picnic I remembered that I heard that this was going to be a regular happening during the cruise and as a matter of fact I remembered I asked about moving all the chairs back to the boat and I was told they were going to leave them on the island. I just wrote to Windstar again about the lack of training and the lack of response in the main office, I basically said that they are great on the sea but not so much on land. When we reserved the Tall Ships I had to give the telephone people the correct geography! They also gave me wrong info, so this does not surprise me.

In addition no one seems to respond to emails or phone calls. I did write to the head office about this because after 14 cruises I was not found on the Yacht Club and I sent an email and never heard from a soul until I complained to the corporate office. Something is askew. When anyone finds out can you let me know because my sister wants to go and I so raved about this day to her.

Susanne

Just remembered that a friend of my sisters took the Tahiti cruise 3 weeks after I did, so I just called California and was told they had the motu picnic off Tahaa and they agreed it was glorious. Someone is giving out faulty info., hope this helps and they are still doing the motu picnic. Susanne

Just remembered that a friend of my sisters took the Tahiti cruise 3 weeks after I did, so I just called California and was told they had the motu picnic off Tahaa and they agreed it was glorious. Someone is giving out faulty info., hope this helps and they are still doing the motu picnic. Susanne

WOW thanks to all of you that have responded to my question about the motu picnic off Tahaa. As I mention yesterday I received an email for "islasisterchick" (cc name). Danyel called Windstar and was told this event was only for the 1st Tahiti cruise. I so hope that this information was given to Danyel because she was speaking to someone with misinformation. From what all of you have written it turn out to be one of the highlights of your cruise. Guess it's time to call WS and see what they say I will let you know.

Shirley

Just spoke to Ruth at Windstar and sadly she told me the same thing that was told to Danyle nothing planned by the ship for Tahaa. BOO HOO.:(

Wow, I wonder what happened. Funny that my sister's friends said that the motu picnic at Tahaa was great. It appeared it was one of their best days. I plan tomorrow to try and find out why and what this is all about. Will write again. Susanne

Wow, I wonder what happened. Funny that my sister's friends said that the motu picnic at Tahaa was great. It appeared it was one of their best days. I plan tomorrow to try and find out why and what this is all about. Will write again. Susanne

Thanks Susanne all of us looking forward to Tahiti cruise really appreciate any information that you can get and share.

Shirley

I really want the Tahaa day to be for all cruises. I booked the motu picnic on Huahine because I wanted to do something like that. Suzanne, I hope you can get to the bottom of this, because I've called and talked to two different people and they both told me it would not occur on our cruise. I was soooo disappointed. Thanks so much for your help!

Hi, your answer just came in on Facbook, great move, yes there is the picnic on the motu at Tahaa, so happy for you future cruisers. It was such a wonderful day. Have a fabulous time all you good folks. Great trip. Susanne

Ps since I have had an issue recently with WS on correct information( simple geography ) to never answering my emails or returning my call. I will email them on this one, no need for misinformation like this.

I just posted the question on Windstar's Facebook page. I'll post the response here, if I get one.

:DDanyle, great idea to post on FB/WS with the question about the Tahaa event. Loved the positive answer from Windstar. Hopefully Windstar corporate will soon spread the information to all that needs to know the correct answer to our questions.

Thanks again for your great idea.

Shirley

Just spoke to Ruth at Windstar and sadly she told me the same thing that was told to Danyle nothing planned by the ship for Tahaa. BOO HOO.:(

Windstar Cruises Hi Shirley' date=' we're sorry for the confusion. The beach-side barbecue in Tahaa is included on all of our Dreams of Tahiti voyages.[/size']

I posted the question on Windstar's Facebook page and they replied saying both the Tahaa beachside BBQ and the Bora Bora Private event are included on all 2014 Tahiti voyages. Glad to hear and thought I'd share it with everyone. Anyone on the Aug 22 cruise?