VISTA suite on RIVIERA/MARINA

sarecca4

Does anyone know which of the VISTA suites has the most square footage on the interior? I know that 9000 and 9001 from the deck plans look as if they are larger than the rest of the suites.. I thank you...

Does anyone know which of the VISTA suites has the most square footage on the interior? I know that 9000 and 9001 from the deck plans look as if they are larger than the rest of the suites.. I thank you...

214600.jpg220616.jpg

I would suggest that the Deck 8 suites are the largest, as well as the most interesting Vistas as the breadth of the ship is widest on deck 8.

062327.jpg In this photograph, the blue line runs at the level of deck 7, revealing how much wider the ship is up to the level of deck 8.

The VERANDA of the Deck 9 Vista Suites (in effect, sitting on the roof of the deck 8 Suites) are also quite expansive, but your question was about the interior dimensions.

Hope that this helped :D

Jim and Stan,

Thanks. It's nice to know that the ship is widest on deck 8, but do you think Suite 8000 and 8001 (being between the two Vista suites on deck 8) reduce the size of those Vista suites to about the same size as the Vista suites on deck 9?

Jim and Stan,

Thanks. It's nice to know that the ship is widest on deck 8, but do you think Suite 8000 and 8001 (being between the two Vista suites on deck 8) reduce the size of those Vista suites to about the same size as the Vista suites on deck 9?

Yes and no. The square footage might not be too much greater on deck 8, but the shape of the room makes those Suites "feel" humongous.

Just came off the Riviera and stayed in Vista Suite #9001. This one along with it's counterpart on deck 9 are the largest due to the veranda being so large as they wrap around wider on the side.

It is an incredible suite!

Just came off the Riviera and stayed in Vista Suite #9001. This one along with it's counterpart on deck 9 are the largest due to the veranda being so large as they wrap around wider on the side.

Did you get to see inside 8002 or 8003? :confused: Don't forget that the Original Post was about inside dimensions, NOT the combined veranda AND Suite.

Edited by JimandStan

Condocat, did you notice a lot of motion in the suite or was it pretty smooth ? Also, was there a lot of wind out on the balcony ? Finally, did the tv's have on demand movies and if so was there a wide selection and were they fairly new or older movies ? Thanks.

Zship, you aren't the first person to ask this question so I'll say what I've said before in response.

We were in 10001 on Marina last October. We only had about 3 hours on one evening of rough seas, and at that time it was rough EVERYwhere on the ship. (People were holding onto handrails as they tried to navigate the hallways.)

But in general we had a very smooth cruise through the Med. Just because I (who am prone to seasickness) didn't have a problem bang at the front of the ship on my cruise doesn't mean you couldn't be on a different cruise and feel the motion every minute.

Believe me, if it's a rough ocean -- you will feel it! And if it's quiet ... you probably won't.

But trying to predict which cruise will be smooth sailing is probably an exercise in futility.

Mura

Condocat, I am considering the same suite for a fall sailing. I'm glad to hear you liked it. Am I correct that it has a whilrlpool on the deck and table and chairs plus loungers? What about the exercise room, did you use it much? Did the solid metal railing bother you as far as viewing the water? I'm currently in a PH and its a big jump up in price to this suite, don't know if its worth it..I'm heming and hawing. Because the cruise is port intensive, I don't know how much time we will be in it. Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

Again, I'm not Condocat but I will jump in.

And we were in 10001, not on deck 9.

I wanted to use the exercise equipment but we had almost no time to do so given our very port-intensive cruise (only one sea day for us). So that shouldn't be a deal breaker for you if you also have a port-intensive cruise. (I noticed a post in the past day or maybe two that said they they have changed the exercise room into a second walk-in closet which would be totally lost on us since the one walk-in closet was more than enough for us. I don't know if that is only on Riviera or on both ships. But I would vote for the exercise equipment if Oceania wanted to ask my opinion!)

The space was luxurious. We loved it! Would I pay the difference between a PH and the VS? Probably not! That's why we booked an OC for the Nov 2013 TA. I just couldn't justify the extra cost. (Remember, we didn't really pay for our VS last fall.) And I considered springing for the cost of the OC to be a jump above what we usually pay for a cruise ...

We had two jacuzzis, one in the bathroom, one on the deck. The deck jacuzzi also had a flat screen TV. Given the time we were sailing, it was cool enough (plus we were never on board during the day!) that we didn't really use the deck. It did have lounge chairs, a table with four chairs which would have been lovely for breakfast if it had been a bit warmer ...

The railing didn't bother us since we didn't really SIT on the deck for the view ... From a standing position, we had a fab view.

Don't forget the liquor set-up in OC and above, which is also worth a lot!

Mura

Ron,

On Marina/Riviera the suites involved are Oceania Suite and above. On the "R" ships, it is just the Vistas and Owners Suites.

You have one bottle of red and one of white, plus fifths (or in one or two instances quarts) of run, vodka, gin and scotch. Top labels. Supposedly you cannot switch them out for other flavors, but I've heard that others have done so. Just ask the butler.

In our case, we polished off the wine and most of the Grey Goose Vodka. If I'd realized we could switch the scotch for bourbon, I would have done so!

You can take the two bottles of wine to a restaurant without having to pay a corkage fee, but the booze has to be drunk in the suite, not in a public venue.

Mura

P.S. The one time I had a "real" drink on our October cruise it was a double bourbon in Horizons for our Meet & Greet. It cost $20 plus the gratuity! So being able to have a cocktail in the suite is a real plus.

Edited by Mura

Thanks for that. I did see O PH views did not show the liquor while the other suites do. Yes, it is nice to enjoy your veranda with a drink and I am told three bottles per stateroom may be brought aboard no questions asked. The duty free prices of the six bottles will vary but the brands displayed (wine an unknown) would total no more than $200 in most airports. On a port intensive cruise expensive digs are unnecessary for us (not that we'd ever be on such a cruise) as you can't enjoy the luxury afforded.

Ron

Ron, I've never heard of that 3 bottle rule being enforced. I'm sure it would be if a passenger were drunk and disorderly ... but lots of people have talked about bringing several cases of wine on board without a problem.

I wouldn't book an elite suite for the free booze alone, I agree with you there. It's a nice perk if you are already IN one of them, however.

The wines we had in our Vista were more than decent, but by no means grand cru!

Mura

In speaking with the O contact I had on our Regatta visit and I am using for my booking (not directly in reservations) it had been mentioned that is the case. We plan on a few 12-pks of Hinano when boarding in Papette. Oceania is as far from mass marlet as possible so the possibility of the liquor poilicy being abused is remote. On the other hand Royal Caribbean policy is demeaning and degrading more suitable for inmates than guests. We were doing a Septemebr on them Vancouver to Honolulu for four reasons: our fantail corner wrap around balcony, five days at sea, cruise by Kilauea at midnight, and disembarking in our home port. But after reading the enhanced liquor threats in the latest small print I have cancelled. Also visited the ship after the 28 day refit in Sinapore and the public rooms have been sliced and diced for speciality restaurants, the lovely library is now four ocean view cabins, etc. A pity. The Vision Class was original a beauful design. No more.

Ron:eek:

Condocat, did you notice a lot of motion in the suite or was it pretty smooth ? Also, was there a lot of wind out on the balcony ? Finally, did the tv's have on demand movies and if so was there a wide selection and were they fairly new or older movies ? Thanks.

You will definitely feel the motion at the bow of the ship, so if you're sensitive, it's a consideration. While the ship is sailing it is extreming winding, however, we used the veranda extensively while in port after tours and in the evening when it was calm. It was a great way to relax! There was a tremendous selection of movies and CDs. There were more older movies than newer ones, however, some recent releases such as War Horse were available. With a port intensive itinerary, we hardy used it at all. Hope this is helps.

Condocat, I am considering the same suite for a fall sailing. I'm glad to hear you liked it. Am I correct that it has a whilrlpool on the deck and table and chairs plus loungers? What about the exercise room, did you use it much? Did the solid metal railing bother you as far as viewing the water? I'm currently in a PH and its a big jump up in price to this suite, don't know if its worth it..I'm heming and hawing. Because the cruise is port intensive, I don't know how much time we will be in it. Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

The Vista suite has a veranda with a table and 4 chairs, 4 lounge chairs and 4 regular chairs. It also has a whirlpool tub with a flat screen tv. The railing did not bother us at all for any of our viewing pleasure, there is so much to take in, it's merely something that's a necessity. We never gave it a second thought! There is so much surrounding you, it blends in. The best views are when you are standing. We loved the space and relaxing in the whirlpool with a cold drink everyday after a long day of touring. Some evenings we invited our new friends for drinks and entertained on the veranda which was wonderful. It's a great space made for sharing! It made for fabulous memories. We hope do it again someday.

Jim & Stan,

If you had to choose a Vista Suite for a Panama Canal trip and wanted to invite a bunch of folks to your suite for a party and viewing of the locks, would you choose one of the ones on deck 8 or one of the ones on deck 9 ? The much larger Balconies on the deck 9 Vista Suites seem like it would make 9001 or 9002 the better choice if the party/lock viewing plan is a key part of the cruise.

I'm not J&S, but based on our occupancy of 10001 last year I don't think it matters that much -- unless you want to have a really large group. 10001 evidently has a smaller veranda but it's still very large. I don't think it would have felt crowded with a dozen people viewing the "vista" ahead. (Gee, I finally figured out why they named them that way!)

When we did the Panama Canal crossing it was on a PH on Regatta and we had a great view ... but obviously we couldn't have invited friends up to share our veranda the way you can with the larger suites.

Even the smallest VS veranda on one of the "O" ships is plenty large.

Mura

Jim & Stan,

If you had to choose a Vista Suite for a Panama Canal trip and wanted to invite a bunch of folks to your suite for a party and viewing of the locks, would you choose one of the ones on deck 8 or one of the ones on deck 9 ? The much larger Balconies on the deck 9 Vista Suites seem like it would make 9001 or 9002 the better choice if the party/lock viewing plan is a key part of the cruise.

We went through the Canal last year on the Marina in 11083, one of the deck 11 Aft Oceania Suites, and based on that experience, the higher decks seem to give a better (i.e. more panoramic) view of the entire canal process:

023411.jpg032105.jpg

There are times when, if your forward facing balcony is not raised sufficiently above the fore-deck, the "view" can be compromised

105740.jpg This photograph was taken on an R ship, but it gives you an idea of what I am talking about.

So please, don't rule out Decks 10 and 12 when making your selection.... :D